Subscribe to RSS feed
Updated: 3 Feb 2018
posted on 22 Aug 2017  -  13,419 views
The first donations for StocksCafe came in May 2016. Although I was very thrilled to know that whatever I built is of enough value to people that many are willing to back it up, it was not my intention to build a paid product. However, the truth is StocksCafe is very dependent on donations as the ad revenue sustains only about 35-45% of current operating costs of StocksCafe.
I have been thinking of and searching for ways to increase revenue without putting a strain on users, and I might have found a potential way, which is through the affiliate program of Saxo Trading Platform. I have personally tried this platform since the start of 2017 and am very satisfied with it so far.
And now, I am very happy to announce the partnership between Saxo and StocksCafe. If you sign up with Saxo (and making at least one trade) through StocksCafe, I will get affiliate fees which will be used towards the operation of StocksCafe. Of course, as the title states, you will be granted Friend of StocksCafe status for seven years! (Note: You need to be a resident in South East Asia or India to qualify. Also, the referral fee will take up to 2-3 months from the point you make your first trade with Saxo which will be attributed as your contribution to StocksCafe).
Please go over to
this page to learn more about this program!
ps: You might be wondering how is StocksCafe earning from the affiliate program. It is basically a one-off fees from Saxo once you have signed up and completed your first transaction. The amount is considered as your contribution to StocksCafe and will be attributed to you.
- Great idea....unfortanly i already hold a Saxo for 3 year..... when plan open a second for trade different products will remember it
22 Aug 2017 10:28:04
- Ha.. Thanks for wanting to support :)
Unfortunately, if you are already an existing user, it does not qualify :(
22 Aug 2017 12:32:46
- Good idea. I like your platform and plan to sign up with Saxo.
22 Aug 2017 16:20:04
- Thanks for sharing. I have just submitted details.
22 Aug 2017 22:53:27
- @womeiyouqian and @sggamelover Thanks!
23 Aug 2017 03:28:09
- I tried, unfortunately it did not work out as Saxo is very different from our tradition stock broker, ie you need to park your money b4 you can trade with them, this is very difficult as sometime the transaction is 6 digits and it does not make sense to park such as large sum without any interest
26 Aug 2017 08:57:15
- I see. I am previously using Standard Chartered and it also requires money to be parked there before I can trade hence it is the same for me. In fact, I also tried DBS Vickers and I think it is similar, no?
26 Aug 2017 11:11:55
- Or was it for DBS, there are two styles, with and without money parked. And the one with money parked have lower transaction fees.
26 Aug 2017 11:13:00
- The benefit of parking money there first is that commission for local shares is only 0.12%. I hv shares with Swiss Exchange and their commission is only 0.2% vs DBS @ 0.4%. For US shares, I still use TDAmeritrade as their commission is based on per trade rather than number of shares u trade.
26 Aug 2017 12:57:59
- I think the good thing about Standard Chartered is that you can FAST transfer in the amount that you intend to trade on the same day itself, whereas for Saxo, you would need to keep a minimum amount there, no matter you want to trade or not. For DBS Vickers, I think you can only transfer in the amount during trading hours, and you can't transfer in the amount outside trading hours (unlike Standard Chartered). Do correct me if I'm wrong.
27 Aug 2017 13:43:00
- I contacted Saxo Marketing Manager, Mr Oh Wei Fang regarding A/C Opening with Saxo n the tie - up to StockCafe. He said there is no tie - up that he is aware of. Can you check the correct contact person in Saxo? Tq.
13 Oct 2017 13:52:30
- This is the saxo page -> https://www.home.saxo/en-sg/campaigns/referral/stocks-cafe?dfaid=1&cmpid=dfa_2344977;4049134;201601657;11419888;82376149;
If you sign up from that page, it should work.
13 Oct 2017 14:33:51
- I signed up using the Saxo page and is supported by Wei Fang (Saxo). Completed one trade on 20 Sep and hope they give StocksCafe the commission as promised.
13 Oct 2017 16:42:05
- Evan - Sorry to trouble you. Google Search cannot find the link I copied n pasted. Can you check again?
13 Oct 2017 20:15:51
- TQ WMYQ. Strange that Oh Wei Fang said he was not aware. I spoke to him yesterday.
13 Oct 2017 20:17:22
- @mark20108, maybe you can go to this page (https://stocks.cafe/saxo) and click on the learn more. It will bring you to Saxo page.
@womeiyouqian, I will PM you.
13 Oct 2017 22:22:55
Next Article >
< Previous Article
Past & Future of StocksCafe
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
Errors in Portfolio Report
If you looked at your portfolio report these past few days, you might have noticed an unreasonable increase (typically well beyond 1000%) in your portfolio time-weighted returns, as well as a sharp increase in ES3's monthly volatility (>20%). Firstly, I am very thankful to users who took the time and effort to report this issue. Some users even went a step further to take screenshots to ensure that ...
Rank and Compare Stocks Based on What Matters to You
Out of the several hundred stocks listed in SGX, how do you choose which one to buy? Use value investing to find the undervalued stocks? Find stocks with huge growth potential? Find income stocks that would give high and stable dividends for many years to come? Or...? Everyone has their own school of thought (e.g. Value investing, Growth investing, Income investing, etc) for choosing what stock to ...
Downtime Notice - Migrating Away from DigitalOcean This Weekend!
This is to inform you that it is likely that there will be a period of downtime for StocksCafe this weekend. It might become inaccessible as I proceed to migrate away from my current hosting provider, DigitalOcean. Thank you for your understanding. Note: You can stop reading here if you have no intention of using hosting services. The following is written because DigitalOcean has pissed me off yet ...