Subscribe to RSS feed
Updated: 30 Sep 2019
posted on 22 Aug 2017  -  48,531 views
The first donations for StocksCafe came in May 2016. Although I was very thrilled to know that whatever I built is of enough value to people that many are willing to back it up, it was not my intention to build a paid product. However, the truth is StocksCafe is very dependent on donations as the ad revenue sustains only about 35-45% of current operating costs of StocksCafe.
I have been thinking of and searching for ways to increase revenue without putting a strain on users, and I might have found a potential way, which is through the affiliate program of Saxo Trading Platform. I have personally tried this platform since the start of 2017 and am very satisfied with it so far.
And now, I am very happy to announce the partnership between Saxo and StocksCafe. If you sign up with Saxo (and making at least one trade) through StocksCafe, I will get affiliate fees which will be used towards the operation of StocksCafe. Of course, as the title states, you will be granted Friend of StocksCafe status for five years! (Note: You need to be a resident in South East Asia or India to qualify. Also, the referral fee will take up to 2-3 months from the point you make your first trade with Saxo which will be attributed as your contribution to StocksCafe).
Please go over to
this page to learn more about this program!
ps: You might be wondering how is StocksCafe earning from the affiliate program. It is basically a one-off fees from Saxo once you have signed up and completed your first transaction. The amount is considered as your contribution to StocksCafe and will be attributed to you.
- Great idea....unfortanly i already hold a Saxo for 3 year..... when plan open a second for trade different products will remember it
22 Aug 2017 10:28:04
- Ha.. Thanks for wanting to support :)
Unfortunately, if you are already an existing user, it does not qualify :(
22 Aug 2017 12:32:46
- Good idea. I like your platform and plan to sign up with Saxo.
22 Aug 2017 16:20:04
- Thanks for sharing. I have just submitted details.
22 Aug 2017 22:53:27
- @womeiyouqian and @sggamelover Thanks!
23 Aug 2017 03:28:09
- I tried, unfortunately it did not work out as Saxo is very different from our tradition stock broker, ie you need to park your money b4 you can trade with them, this is very difficult as sometime the transaction is 6 digits and it does not make sense to park such as large sum without any interest
26 Aug 2017 08:57:15
- I see. I am previously using Standard Chartered and it also requires money to be parked there before I can trade hence it is the same for me. In fact, I also tried DBS Vickers and I think it is similar, no?
26 Aug 2017 11:11:55
- Or was it for DBS, there are two styles, with and without money parked. And the one with money parked have lower transaction fees.
26 Aug 2017 11:13:00
- The benefit of parking money there first is that commission for local shares is only 0.12%. I hv shares with Swiss Exchange and their commission is only 0.2% vs DBS @ 0.4%. For US shares, I still use TDAmeritrade as their commission is based on per trade rather than number of shares u trade.
26 Aug 2017 12:57:59
- I think the good thing about Standard Chartered is that you can FAST transfer in the amount that you intend to trade on the same day itself, whereas for Saxo, you would need to keep a minimum amount there, no matter you want to trade or not. For DBS Vickers, I think you can only transfer in the amount during trading hours, and you can't transfer in the amount outside trading hours (unlike Standard Chartered). Do correct me if I'm wrong.
27 Aug 2017 13:43:00
- I contacted Saxo Marketing Manager, Mr Oh Wei Fang regarding A/C Opening with Saxo n the tie - up to StockCafe. He said there is no tie - up that he is aware of. Can you check the correct contact person in Saxo? Tq.
13 Oct 2017 13:52:30
- This is the saxo page -> https://www.home.saxo/en-sg/campaigns/referral/stocks-cafe?dfaid=1&cmpid=dfa_2344977;4049134;201601657;11419888;82376149;
If you sign up from that page, it should work.
13 Oct 2017 14:33:51
- I signed up using the Saxo page and is supported by Wei Fang (Saxo). Completed one trade on 20 Sep and hope they give StocksCafe the commission as promised.
13 Oct 2017 16:42:05
- Evan - Sorry to trouble you. Google Search cannot find the link I copied n pasted. Can you check again?
13 Oct 2017 20:15:51
- TQ WMYQ. Strange that Oh Wei Fang said he was not aware. I spoke to him yesterday.
13 Oct 2017 20:17:22
- @mark20108, maybe you can go to this page (https://stocks.cafe/saxo) and click on the learn more. It will bring you to Saxo page.
@womeiyouqian, I will PM you.
13 Oct 2017 22:22:55
- hi evan, is this tie-up with SAXO still valid? May I have the updated link to register for a new account with SAXO pls? You can PM me too if that is more convenient
PS: I'm a current Friends of Stockscafe.
8 Dec 2019 08:34:27
- Hey Evan, is the tie up with Saxo still valid for 5 yrs of Friends membership? If yes, can you send updated link to register please?
16 Jan 2020 23:24:05
- It is still valid and still the same link => https://www.home.saxo/en-sg/campaigns/referral/stocks-cafe?cmpid=SC
19 Jan 2020 23:45:47
- Hey Evan, I have registered and opened a new account with Saxo. How would I be eligible to be granted Friend of StocksCafe status for five years? Is it automatically enrolled once I've made my first trade?
4 Feb 2020 15:49:15
- Hi Weijian, I have PM you.
6 Feb 2020 15:54:42
- Hi evan, I have called in to Saxo and made sure the referral is to Stockcafe. Is any one trade from saxo the final criteria to be eligible for friends of stock cafe?
19 Feb 2020 21:09:54
- Hi Evan, I have registered and opened a new account with Saxo too and made a few trade so far. May I check how to enroll?
25 Mar 2020 22:46:11
Thank you for signing up with Saxo through StocksCafe.
1) Please ensure that you did use this website and entered your StocksCafe username-> https://www.home.saxo/en-sg/campaigns/referral/stocks-cafe?cmpid=SC
2) If you did one correctly, there is nothing needed to be done except wait for 2-3 months after your first trade and Saxo will give me the referral fees and I will upgrade you.
(Note: Recently, they seems to be more prompt and is giving the referral fees around 1-2 months).
27 Mar 2020 21:45:50
- Hi Evan,
I have signed up for Saxo, and made my referrer StocksCafe. Have also made >1 trades on my Saxo. Do let me know if you need more details
6 May 2020 14:19:07
- @anon Thank you for trying out Saxo through StocksCafe. Typically, Saxo takes 2-3 months from first trade to recognize the referral. So, I expect it to be end of June or end of July latest. Please reach out if you do not hear from me by early August. Thanks.
6 May 2020 15:17:02
Next Article >
< Previous Article
Past & Future of StocksCafe
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
Last Chance to get Free StocksCafe Membership!
Note: This collaboration is still ongoing. Please see this page for details. This is a friendly reminder that the special promotion to celebrate the collaboration between Tiger Brokers and StocksCafe will be ending soon on 30 September 2020, 11.59pm. For those who are seeing this for the first time, you will be able get 1 year Friend of StocksCafe (worth SGD 39) simply by opening and funding a Tiger ...
Dividends Collected is Back, and Better Than Before
These days, I have been preoccupied with making the switch to using properly licensed data from data I used to crawl from all over the internet. There are still some issues to iron out, but otherwise it is progressing quite well. Due to the switch, I had to take down several features temporarily, and one of the features that went offline was "Dividends Collected". "Dividends Collected" essentially ...
SGXcafe Needs You!
About four months have passed since the major crisis faced by SGXcafe. At that time, SGXcafe had to choose between paying tens of thousands in licensing fees yearly to continue running, or face closing down. I have chosen the former, which is why SGXcafe is still operating today. Although it put a huge dent in my savings, I do not regret my decision, because in the last four months, the number of SGXcafe ...