Subscribe to RSS feed
posted on 25 Dec 2017  -  22,425 views
I hope you are enjoying yourself this holiday season. Just wanted to quickly share some changes I have made over this weekend:
Dividend Withholding Tax
As StocksCafe recently started supporting US stocks, some users have requested for StocksCafe to automatically adjust for dividends based on individuals' tax status. For example, most Singapore residents would incur a 30% tax on all dividends collected from US-listed stocks.
Now, you can use this
settings page to state your tax rate for different markets and StocksCafe would reflect the dividends collected accordingly.
Although this is a seemingly simple change, it is not. As dividends are used in a wide variety of situations and locations in StocksCafe, I might miss updating it in a couple of places. If you discover any issues, please let me know!
Desktop View in Mobile
You might have realized that StocksCafe is not well-designed for mobile view. This is due to both my lack of design talents and lack of time resources. It takes a lot more time and effort to carefully choose and fit information into a small screen. I am not saying that it is well-designed for desktop, just that it is the lesser of two evils.
Together with mobile device screens becoming increasing larger, there are actually several users who have previously requested that I enable the desktop view format to be available in mobile devices as an option. Hence you can either temporarily set StocksCafe to display the desktop view
using this link or you can now more permanently request StocksCafe to use the desktop view
with this new setting.
Basic Technicals for US Stocks
Lastly, computations of metrics such as
Expected Shortfall and
Liquidity for US stocks are now available (e.g.
Apple Inc). I am working on the final integration phase for US stocks which is the inclusion of fundamental data.
- Thanks for making these new integration features
25 Dec 2017 08:43:09
- Thanks for rolling the new features out during Xmas!
25 Dec 2017 12:28:07
- Merry Christmas Evan!!
25 Dec 2017 17:06:33
- Thank you for adding and integrating US stocks to the platform!
26 Dec 2017 18:37:43
- @all, Cheers!
26 Dec 2017 18:41:40
- Thanks for adding this Evan. May i know what's the usual dividend withholding tax rate for HK and KL stocks? Also, the dividends for US stocks are not reflected yet?
Happy New Year!
29 Dec 2017 23:55:34
- @sinvestg01, I do not buy KL stocks hence I do not know. As for HK stocks, I think there are none? US stocks dividends should be available already. Did you not see them?
30 Dec 2017 07:38:50
- didn't see US stocks dividends leh... HK stocks dividends are reflected.. thanks
30 Dec 2017 10:20:35
- GDX and GDXJ (both are U.S. stocks) paid dividends on Dec 22, got the dividend advice from my broker, but don't see them reflected in stockscafe dividend..
30 Dec 2017 10:25:11
- I see. Thank you for reporting. Please check again. I believe I have fixed it.
30 Dec 2017 14:31:58
- yes! see them now :) Thanks for the fix! Happy holidays and joyous New Year.. cheers!
30 Dec 2017 15:47:48
- Cheers :)
30 Dec 2017 16:31:03
- Hi Evan, just wondering if MA and V (US stocks) dividends are automatically reflected? I had added them in manually previously when i didn't see the dividend reflected. No rush on this though...new year eve haha.
Happy New Year and a great 2018 ahead!
31 Dec 2017 18:12:38
- @jdh, yes, there was a slight hiccup previously. They should be added automatically. If you delete your manually override dividends, they should be added. If not, please let me know and I will hunt it down :)
31 Dec 2017 18:17:24
Next Article >
< Previous Article
StocksCafe in 2018
Important Changes to StocksCafe ...
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
US Market Information Updates
I have not worked much on the US market beyond adding EOD data and other basic features, and I’m happy to announce that I finally had some time to improve as well as add a few new features to it. 1) Similar Stocks - You can now see other stocks that are similar to the one you are viewing (e.g. Google) on the right hand side (in desktop view). 2) Shared Portfolio Statistics - You are now able to see ...
StocksCafe Mobile App
Short Story Mobile app for StocksCafe is now available again! Here is the Android link and this is the iOS link. This is an early version and hence lacking many features. Of course, I will continue to add more features to it over time and the final goal is to make it as comprehensive as the desktop web version where possible. If you prefer to install the pseudo mobile app which has more features supported ...
I realized that I did not post any article for the whole of June. It is due to a combination of various reasons but the main reason was that I tried switching to a new caching system (i.e. Redis) for StocksCafe thinking that it is better. However, due to my lack of experience with it, it instead made StocksCafe unstable. Causing out of memory issues, displaying stale data, etc. These resulted in StocksCafe ...