Subscribe to RSS feed
Updated: 15 Nov 2018
posted on 15 Nov 2018  -  15,896 views
Note: If you are already Friend of StocksCafe (when
your subscription ends), price changes does not affect you. It will always be fixed at the rate (your
personalized rate) when you first contributed :)
Last year, when I announced the
price change and switch to contribution mode in mid December, several users feedbacked that the announcement was too last minute and they missed it because they were away for the December holidays and learnt about it too late. Thus this year, I decided to announce it earlier.
Reasons for Pricing Changes
Honestly, there are two main factors for this:
1) As StocksCafe continues to grow in terms of supported exchanges and features, spending on infrastructure and data licensing is also growing.
2) To encourage users to contribute now by having a time-limited offer :)
From 1 Jan 2019, I intend to change the pricing of StocksCafe. Of course, I will not go crazy and increase it by a large amount but do contribute now to lock in the early bird prices!
To encourage users to contribute now, the cost of becoming a Friend of StocksCafe for a year for those who donate
on or before 31 Dec 2018 will always stay at SGD39 yearly (or SGD3.9 monthly). Of course, for existing users, your price has already been locked in depending on when your first contribution was.
If StocksCafe has been useful to you in your investment journey, I hope you would consider contributing to StocksCafe so that it can continue to improve and provide more value to you.
- Hey Evan, will we be notified when our membership is due? If so, existing members can wait till then to resubscribe with stockscafe?
15 Nov 2018 10:05:26
- Yes, in both the daily emails and website, subscriptions that are about to expire can will have banners to alert them :)
Of course, you can wait till then to subscribe.
Also, you can use this to see when your subscription expires => https://stocks.cafe/user/profile
15 Nov 2018 10:40:11
- How can I find out my current plan?
15 Nov 2018 14:51:48
- @hingnam How can I find out my current plan? => Pricing stated here is personalized https://stocks.cafe/help/support
For you in particular, you are already Friend for as long as StocksCafe exists because you have contributed 200 before 2018 :)
15 Nov 2018 14:59:11
- My very 1st contribution is SGD 30. So I just contribute this amount before my Friend status expire in Feb 19?
15 Nov 2018 22:03:47
- Hi Evan, is there a differential rate if we subscribe 7 years in advance now? My current plan is SGD 39 for a year, as I was testing out the platform, and I have just signed up about 1 month ago.
15 Nov 2018 23:16:24
- @ceciltan Yes! Your rate will still be SGD30 in Feb 2019.
@julietanpy If you subscribe 7 years now, it will start after your current one ends on Nov 2019. Means it will be till Nov 2026.
16 Nov 2018 00:17:14
Next Article >
< Previous Article
Lost Last 3 Days of StocksCafe ...
StocksCafe now supports Singapore ...
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
10,000 Registered Users!
Today is a special day for StocksCafe! After 1,604 days or (about 4 years and 5 months), we finally have our 10,000th registered user. That is about an average of 6.23 users/day. While this is not an amazing sign up rate, it is still an awesome achievement in my opinion considering that we have 1,265 users who have contributed to StocksCafe and 1,082 who are still contributing. A 10% active paying ...
A little more than a year ago, I added a feature that projects how much dividends you are likely to receive for the current year in your Portfolio Report. Although it is a simple feature with naive assumptions, it is actually one of the top most-liked features. Hence, upon the request of Friends of StocksCafe, I spent some time over the weekend to include dividend projection in more areas of StocksCafe. ...
I realized that I did not post any article for the whole of June. It is due to a combination of various reasons but the main reason was that I tried switching to a new caching system (i.e. Redis) for StocksCafe thinking that it is better. However, due to my lack of experience with it, it instead made StocksCafe unstable. Causing out of memory issues, displaying stale data, etc. These resulted in StocksCafe ...