Subscribe to RSS feed
Updated: 15 Nov 2018
posted on 15 Nov 2018  -  5,769 views
Note: If you are already Friend of StocksCafe (when
your subscription ends), price changes does not affect you. It will always be fixed at the rate (your
personalized rate) when you first contributed :)
Last year, when I announced the
price change and switch to contribution mode in mid December, several users feedbacked that the announcement was too last minute and they missed it because they were away for the December holidays and learnt about it too late. Thus this year, I decided to announce it earlier.
Reasons for Pricing Changes
Honestly, there are two main factors for this:
1) As StocksCafe continues to grow in terms of supported exchanges and features, spending on infrastructure and data licensing is also growing.
2) To encourage users to contribute now by having a time-limited offer :)
From 1 Jan 2019, I intend to change the pricing of StocksCafe. Of course, I will not go crazy and increase it by a large amount but do contribute now to lock in the early bird prices!
To encourage users to contribute now, the cost of becoming a Friend of StocksCafe for a year for those who donate
on or before 31 Dec 2018 will always stay at SGD39 yearly (or SGD3.9 monthly). Of course, for existing users, your price has already been locked in depending on when your first contribution was.
If StocksCafe has been useful to you in your investment journey, I hope you would consider contributing to StocksCafe so that it can continue to improve and provide more value to you.
- Hey Evan, will we be notified when our membership is due? If so, existing members can wait till then to resubscribe with stockscafe?
15 Nov 2018 10:05:26
- Yes, in both the daily emails and website, subscriptions that are about to expire can will have banners to alert them :)
Of course, you can wait till then to subscribe.
Also, you can use this to see when your subscription expires => https://stocks.cafe/user/profile
15 Nov 2018 10:40:11
- How can I find out my current plan?
15 Nov 2018 14:51:48
- @hingnam How can I find out my current plan? => Pricing stated here is personalized https://stocks.cafe/help/support
For you in particular, you are already Friend for as long as StocksCafe exists because you have contributed 200 before 2018 :)
15 Nov 2018 14:59:11
- My very 1st contribution is SGD 30. So I just contribute this amount before my Friend status expire in Feb 19?
15 Nov 2018 22:03:47
- Hi Evan, is there a differential rate if we subscribe 7 years in advance now? My current plan is SGD 39 for a year, as I was testing out the platform, and I have just signed up about 1 month ago.
15 Nov 2018 23:16:24
- @ceciltan Yes! Your rate will still be SGD30 in Feb 2019.
@julietanpy If you subscribe 7 years now, it will start after your current one ends on Nov 2019. Means it will be till Nov 2026.
16 Nov 2018 00:17:14
Next Article >
< Previous Article
Lost Last 3 Days of StocksCafe ...
StocksCafe now supports Singapore ...
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
What to buy next?
"What to buy next?" Almost every month, I ask myself this same question whenever my salary arrives or when a good amount of dividends have accumulated. When I first started investing, I wanted a diversified portfolio which is why I built the tool, iSuggest (iSuggest is free for all registered users). It worked well at first, as it quickly brought my portfolio risk down to a minimum. However, for those ...
Quick Features' Update: Who owns what, 52-weeks high-low, disabling cash balance and more
It have been two weeks since the last article, and I thought I should just give a quick update of the improvements made to SGXcafe over the last two weeks in case you think that SGXcafe is becoming inactive :) In fact, on the contrary, I have been actively adding new features! I will just highlight a few features that might be of interest: 1) Who owns this stock? At the point of writing, there are ...
The True Cost of Being Free
SGXcafe was originally built to help manage my own portfolio. I decided to share it freely when I realized it might be useful to many other retail investors like myself who do not have access to proper portfolio management tools. However, I was soon notified by SGX that SGXcafe requires appropriate licensing to continue operating publicly. At that time, under the encouragement of many users, I decided ...