Subscribe to RSS feed
Updated: 1 Dec 2019
posted on 2 May 2019  -  23,165 views
Over the last few days, I spent time making several improvements and bug fixes to
StocksCafe Screener. Two improvements to bring to attention:
1) Display Metrics: You can now display any metric you want in the results without having to use them in your screener. This can be useful for exploration when you do not yet know the correct value to set for that particular metric in your screener.
2) Customizable Subset: Previously, there was no easy way to only screen through a subset of stocks. Now, with this new feature, you can define your own subset of stocks and run your screener only on these stocks. You can also share this subset publicly if you like.
I have created and shared the first subset of stocks named
SGX REITs which attempts to consolidate all the REITs listed in Singapore. Feel free to take a look and let me know if I have missed any REITs or if I added any wrongly.
Note: Customizable Subset are added as conditions for Screener which means to add them: a) Goto
Screener. b) Click on "Add More" and they are listed as "Type 6 - Customizable Subset".
ps: See other
related article about screener
- For and on behalf of the community, thank you Evan!
2 May 2019 23:28:28
- Some questions:
1) How and where does one create a subset of stocks?
2) Suppose the subset is created, how does one select it? I do not see the SGX REITs in the target list or am I looking in the wrong place?
2 May 2019 23:34:19
- Thank you for the question. Ya. It was not clear enough. I have updated the article to be clearer on how to add them.
Yes, they are independent from Target list.
3 May 2019 07:18:38
- Thank you evan!
Small feedback - the same functionality is duplicated in 2 places in the top navigation bar:
2) "My username" > Tools
Might be able to drop one of them :)
7 May 2019 09:40:21
- Created => https://stocks.cafe/friend/viewissue?issue_id=1100
7 May 2019 16:31:42
- Hi Evan, the "Customizable Subset" is great. One idea is to have all the Index stocks listed as their own subset, eg STI, HangSeng etc etc.
7 May 2019 17:00:40
- "One idea is to have all the Index stocks listed as their own subset, eg STI, HangSeng etc etc." => Sounds good. You can certainly help contribute too :)
7 May 2019 20:05:33
- "You can certainly help contribute too :) " I really don't mind helping to create that, a small question is can I use the upload function to create the subsets? It should be relatively easy for me to upload the stocks listed in Excel files.
7 May 2019 21:00:59
Next Article >
< Previous Article
Quick Updates: Improved Portfolio ...
[Deprecated] StocksCafe Playground ...
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
Updates: Dividend Projection, Dividend Details by Month and More
Many users use SGXcafe to track their dividends, and I have received suggestions regarding it. I am always happy to hear from users, and where possible, I do my best to implement them in SGXcafe. This weekend, I spent some time and worked on a few aspects related to dividends: Dividend Projection In Portfolio Report, I have added a feature that projects how much dividends you are likely to receive ...
Becoming an Angel Investor
Last week, when I shared my portfolio in another article. I received comments privately from several people such as "50 stocks in your portfolio?!?! I think 30 should provide more than enough diversification", "Have you heard of Warren Buffet's 20 slot rules?", "Why are you holding so many different stocks?" etc. Well, there are a few reasons to this. 1) I have yet to devise or find a sound approach ...
Insurance is Part of Financial Planning
Note: I am a strong believer of insurance but not insurance linked investments/savings (or however they name it). I would like to believe that I can invest my own money better :) What are your thoughts on insurance? Do you actively find out about how to best insure yourself and your loved ones? Or do your insides shrink up at the mention of "insurance", as you avert your gaze and try to find a way ...