Subscribe to RSS feed
Updated: 3 May 2019
posted on 2 May 2019  -  3,298 views
Over the last few days, I spent time making several improvements and bug fixes to
StocksCafe Screener. Two improvements to bring to attention:
1) Display Metrics: You can now display any metric you want in the results without having to use them in your screener. This can be useful for exploration when you do not yet know the correct value to set for that particular metric in your screener.
2) Customizable Subset: Previously, there was no easy way to only screen through a subset of stocks. Now, with this new feature, you can define your own subset of stocks and run your screener only on these stocks. You can also share this subset publicly if you like.
I have created and shared the first subset of stocks named
SGX REITs which attempts to consolidate all the REITs listed in Singapore. Feel free to take a look and let me know if I have missed any REITs or if I added any wrongly.
Note: Customizable Subset are added as conditions for Screener which means to add them: a) Goto
Screener. b) Click on "Add More" and they are listed as "Type 6 - Customizable Subset".
- For and on behalf of the community, thank you Evan!
2 May 2019 23:28:28
- Some questions:
1) How and where does one create a subset of stocks?
2) Suppose the subset is created, how does one select it? I do not see the SGX REITs in the target list or am I looking in the wrong place?
2 May 2019 23:34:19
- Thank you for the question. Ya. It was not clear enough. I have updated the article to be clearer on how to add them.
Yes, they are independent from Target list.
3 May 2019 07:18:38
- Thank you evan!
Small feedback - the same functionality is duplicated in 2 places in the top navigation bar:
2) "My username" > Tools
Might be able to drop one of them :)
7 May 2019 09:40:21
- Created => https://stocks.cafe/friend/viewissue?issue_id=1100
7 May 2019 16:31:42
- Hi Evan, the "Customizable Subset" is great. One idea is to have all the Index stocks listed as their own subset, eg STI, HangSeng etc etc.
7 May 2019 17:00:40
- "One idea is to have all the Index stocks listed as their own subset, eg STI, HangSeng etc etc." => Sounds good. You can certainly help contribute too :)
7 May 2019 20:05:33
- "You can certainly help contribute too :) " I really don't mind helping to create that, a small question is can I use the upload function to create the subsets? It should be relatively easy for me to upload the stocks listed in Excel files.
7 May 2019 21:00:59
Next Article >
< Previous Article
Quick Updates: Improved Portfolio ...
StocksCafe Playground - Leveraging ...
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
SGXcafe to Expand to APAC!
After a round of voting and discussion with Friends of SGXcafe, I am happy to share that we have decided to support APAC markets in the upcoming expansion! I have already started work to include Hong Kong exchange data. You should start to see changes within this week. Supporting a brand new market is not easy and would take time to iron out all the details, especially since I developed SGXcafe previously ...
Quick Updates: Dividend Withholding Tax and More
Merry Christmas! I hope you are enjoying yourself this holiday season. Just wanted to quickly share some changes I have made over this weekend: Dividend Withholding Tax As StocksCafe recently started supporting US stocks, some users have requested for StocksCafe to automatically adjust for dividends based on individuals' tax status. For example, most Singapore residents would incur a 30% tax on all ...
SGXcafe Now Computes Your Cash Balance As Well!
One of the recent most-voted feature in Friends of SGXcafe is having a cash component to track your cash balance. It is a seemingly easy feature, but was actually tedious to implement because it intertwines with several other existing components in SGXcafe. What is Cash Balance? Easily track the amount of cash you currently have on hand after you buy or sell stocks, receive dividends, or deposit or ...