Subscribe to RSS feed
Updated: 3 May 2019
posted on 2 May 2019  -  10,374 views
Over the last few days, I spent time making several improvements and bug fixes to
StocksCafe Screener. Two improvements to bring to attention:
1) Display Metrics: You can now display any metric you want in the results without having to use them in your screener. This can be useful for exploration when you do not yet know the correct value to set for that particular metric in your screener.
2) Customizable Subset: Previously, there was no easy way to only screen through a subset of stocks. Now, with this new feature, you can define your own subset of stocks and run your screener only on these stocks. You can also share this subset publicly if you like.
I have created and shared the first subset of stocks named
SGX REITs which attempts to consolidate all the REITs listed in Singapore. Feel free to take a look and let me know if I have missed any REITs or if I added any wrongly.
Note: Customizable Subset are added as conditions for Screener which means to add them: a) Goto
Screener. b) Click on "Add More" and they are listed as "Type 6 - Customizable Subset".
- For and on behalf of the community, thank you Evan!
2 May 2019 23:28:28
- Some questions:
1) How and where does one create a subset of stocks?
2) Suppose the subset is created, how does one select it? I do not see the SGX REITs in the target list or am I looking in the wrong place?
2 May 2019 23:34:19
- Thank you for the question. Ya. It was not clear enough. I have updated the article to be clearer on how to add them.
Yes, they are independent from Target list.
3 May 2019 07:18:38
- Thank you evan!
Small feedback - the same functionality is duplicated in 2 places in the top navigation bar:
2) "My username" > Tools
Might be able to drop one of them :)
7 May 2019 09:40:21
- Created => https://stocks.cafe/friend/viewissue?issue_id=1100
7 May 2019 16:31:42
- Hi Evan, the "Customizable Subset" is great. One idea is to have all the Index stocks listed as their own subset, eg STI, HangSeng etc etc.
7 May 2019 17:00:40
- "One idea is to have all the Index stocks listed as their own subset, eg STI, HangSeng etc etc." => Sounds good. You can certainly help contribute too :)
7 May 2019 20:05:33
- "You can certainly help contribute too :) " I really don't mind helping to create that, a small question is can I use the upload function to create the subsets? It should be relatively easy for me to upload the stocks listed in Excel files.
7 May 2019 21:00:59
Next Article >
< Previous Article
Quick Updates: Improved Portfolio ...
StocksCafe Playground - Leveraging ...
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
Introducing the New Wall
As mentioned in the first article of 2017, one of SGXcafe's focus is to improve mobile engagement. So here we are, with our first baby step. I was never a fan of how SGXcafe's home page was as it did not allow users to easily catch up on the latest happenings since their last visit, and the format was not mobile-friendly. Hence we are introducing a Wall that is inspired by Facebook's feed where all ...
StocksCafe Mobile App
Short Story Mobile app for StocksCafe is now available again! Here is the Android link and this is the iOS link. This is an early version and hence lacking many features. Of course, I will continue to add more features to it over time and the final goal is to make it as comprehensive as the desktop web version where possible. If you prefer to install the pseudo mobile app which has more features supported ...
Quick Features' Update: Who owns what, 52-weeks high-low, disabling cash balance and more
It have been two weeks since the last article, and I thought I should just give a quick update of the improvements made to SGXcafe over the last two weeks in case you think that SGXcafe is becoming inactive :) In fact, on the contrary, I have been actively adding new features! I will just highlight a few features that might be of interest: 1) Who owns this stock? At the point of writing, there are ...