Subscribe to RSS feed
posted on 17 Jun 2019  -  10,907 views
When StocksCafe was first built, it was built with many assumptions based on my personal (albeit limited) understanding of stock trading. It included the assumption that fees are only incurred as part of a buy or sell transaction. Clearly, that is incorrect. There are many instances when non-transaction fees are incurred such as the
monthly management fees incurred by robo advisors (e.g. StashAway).
Hence I recently spent time to work on the
ability to add fees that are not part of a transaction. There are two types of fees that you can now add:
1) Tagged to stock: You can choose to tag fees to a stock without having it being associated with a buy or sell transaction. Simply select
on this page and enter the relevant StockCode. This way, it will increase the average price of the stock and compute the P&L for the stock accordingly.
2) Tagged to portfolio: You can also choose to tag fees to a portfolio. Similarly, select
Fees, but leave the StockCode field empty when entering the transaction. This way, it will increase the overall fees associated to the portfolio and compute the P&L accordingly.
As always, any questions, suggestions, bug reports, etc are more than welcome.
- Reading the headlines, I thought you are going to add misc fees to the platform...nearly cough out my coffee LOL
17 Jun 2019 10:42:12
- lol. Do not give me ideas :)
17 Jun 2019 14:43:14
- @duckula06 I had the same thinking as you too....LOL
17 Jun 2019 22:29:01
- Would you add the $2 charge per counter per quarter to cpf portfolio? Technically I think so... Still trying to convince myself
30 Jun 2019 18:59:05
- Personally, I do not invest with my CPF money because not much inside. But if they are charging those fees, why would you not record them?
30 Jun 2019 21:24:48
- This is a long-shot but my students would love to be able to compute leverage financing fees into the portfolio. I can appreciate how hard it would be because different brokers may have a different way of computing the rates.
1 Jul 2019 20:32:48
- Hi Christopher, I am not sure if I understand this request. It is already currently possible to add financing fees into portfolio. You have to do it manually though since the formulae used are different. Or did you mean to hope to have it automatically computed?
Would something like this closer to what you are talking about? => https://stocks.cafe/friend/viewissue?issue_id=1164
1 Jul 2019 23:10:33
- Hello Evan, I'm new to this website and already loving the features offered on the platform.
I use the Fees transaction mainly to add interest cost from my margin account, which is compounded monthly.
I'd like to give a feedback on this feature: when I need to edit the Fees and hit "update", it returns the message "Total should be empty for fees transaction". This can be worked around by selecting Sell or Buy, removing the entry of "Total after fees" then selecting Fees again before updating. However I don't think it's the intended way to edit Fees.
11 Jul 2019 11:29:55
- Thank you for reporting. I will fix it soon and let you know again.
11 Jul 2019 11:52:10
Next Article >
< Previous Article
One Less Password with Facebook ...
Slow-loading Pages and Tracking ...
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
Insurance is Part of Financial Planning
Note: I am a strong believer of insurance but not insurance linked investments/savings (or however they name it). I would like to believe that I can invest my own money better :) What are your thoughts on insurance? Do you actively find out about how to best insure yourself and your loved ones? Or do your insides shrink up at the mention of "insurance", as you avert your gaze and try to find a way ...
Download the improved StocksCafe app now!
Over the last few weekends, I have been focusing on improving and adding features to the StocksCafe mobile app. While it is still far from perfection, I believe it should have many features that you would need on the go. Go to App Store (iOS) or Play Store (Android) today and download it if you have yet to. If you already have the app, do update it to v0.5.0 to access all the newly added features. ...
Decide When to Buy or Sell Using Short Selling Activities
Note: This feature is not available anymore due to licensing issues. Here is a question: How do you decide when to buy or sell a stock? I started trading in SGX a year ago, and every time I have money to invest, I always wonder "Should I buy now? But if not now, then when?" Since I didn't have a good answer to that question, what I've been doing till now is simply buy the best stock that fits my portfolio ...