Subscribe to RSS feed
Updated: 6 Apr 2021
posted on 6 Apr 2021  -  11,024 views
[For those who are not trading cryptocurrencies, you can skip this article]
Disclaimer: I am not encouraging anyone to invest/trade in cryptocurrencies. This is just to share that if you are, StocksCafe now supports it as well.
Many users have shared that they would want to track CryptoCurrencies in StocksCafe (
see ticket). So over the weekend, I spent some time working on adding CryptoCurrencies to StocksCafe!
1) You can find all the tickers available for CryptoCurrencies
2) The exchange code for CryptoCurrencies is "CC". e.g. Bitcoin ticker is
CC:BTC-USD and Ethereum ticker is
As always, continue to give feedback on how StocksCafe can support your investment journey better. While I cannot promise that all requests will be met due to limited time and money resources, I will at least read through them and do my best to make sure that it becomes available whenever possible.
- Cool. Just when I started buying some. Hahaha
6 Apr 2021 17:41:34
- Hi Evan, if we have already been keeping track manually through 'Other Assets', is there a straightforward way of importing these transactions into the Portfolio section?
6 Apr 2021 18:29:53
- Thanks for this feature!
I see most of them are USD denominated.
Is it possible to add currency pairs denominated in SGD (I assume many here are funding crypto by SGD) and BTC (as most exchanges accept BTC when trading for smaller cryptocurrencies).
6 Apr 2021 18:49:34
- Yes please. I second the currency pairs in SGD
6 Apr 2021 19:07:12
- Yesssssssssssss. Good start. Thanks, Evan!
6 Apr 2021 23:19:15
- Great thanks a lot!
I also second the common pairs in SGD, like
6 Apr 2021 23:36:14
- "Is it possible to add currency pairs denominated in SGD" => My upstream is not giving them in SGD pairs. I am not familiar with crypto. Can I just use BTC-USD and convert it base on the FX rate that day?
"Hi Evan, if we have already been keeping track manually through 'Other Assets', is there a straightforward way of importing these transactions into the Portfolio section?" => I realized that there isnt an export feature in Other Assets :( My naive thinking would be to 1) Build an export feature for other assets. 2) Manipulate the csv in google sheets to fit the import format for Portfolio 3) Import it.
7 Apr 2021 00:57:32
- Hi Evan, Thanks for adding crypto. I have the same need as the others for the SGD pairs, e.g. when I trade through say CoinHako, I'm quoted in BTCSGD, ETHSGD pairs.
For the time being, I'm keying in the transactions using BTC-USD ticker but changing the Currency field from USD to SGD and entering the BTC-SGD price in the Price Paid/Received field.
7 Apr 2021 15:33:41
- That's awesome Evan! Great to see that all the coins are there...would be great if you could include BTC and ETH pairing as well in the future. You know what they say...in crypto...we love love to count our profits in BTC ;) Cheers!
7 Apr 2021 23:28:19
- Hi for those who wants the SGD pair, for now i just entered ALL my transactions as SGD (instead of USD) and then StocksCafe will convert the upstream USD information from USD to SGD. This works alright as the variance won't be that material.
Hope this helps!
8 Apr 2021 00:39:27
- @sandwicher Thanks!
@kutakinte Hmm.. Does that also mean that instead of using USD or SGD to pay, you are actually using BTC to pay for the transactions? It seems more complex. Can you create a feature request and we discuss more?
9 Apr 2021 22:01:07
- Thank you so much!
9 Apr 2021 22:40:06
- Hi Evan, some of the crypto are not in the list, for example Frax Share, Fortube.
10 Apr 2021 03:04:17
- @littlepipi88 Can you tell me which ones you are keen? It seems like my upstream only supports some of them currently but is very willing to add more.
11 Apr 2021 00:09:19
- @evankoh will the website/app portfolio be updated over the weekends, given that cryptocurrencies are also being traded over the weekends? Thanks
11 Apr 2021 17:01:57
- Awesome work Evan ! Thanks for this feature
It works great for direct fiat purchases.
One issue I am having in using this for crypto portfolio is that, crypto to crpto trades can't be captured. For example (to simplify) when Cardano (ADA) was not available in Coinhako, we need to transfer either Bitcoin or Litecoin from Coinhako to binance.com and use that to purchase Cardano
Likewise there are many alt coins not available in Coinhako or in other exchanges and so popular Cryptos like BTC, ETH, LTC or stable coins like USDT, BNB, etc., are used as a medium to purchase/trade those alt coins. We will lose track if we can't capture this.
Hope to see some improvements in the future.
12 Apr 2021 11:44:46
You are right. Yes, I made the cron jobs to work on weekends as well.
"Likewise there are many alt coins not available in Coinhako or in other exchanges and so popular Cryptos like BTC, ETH, LTC or stable coins like USDT, BNB, etc., are used as a medium to purchase/trade those alt coins. We will lose track if we can't capture this." => Can you tell me where to see the pricing for these? I can try to ask my upstream about it. However, I think might be a complex issue. It basically means that for each crypto, we need to list them in different "currencies" (e.g. USD, BTC etc). Sounds like will significantly increase the number of listings.
Easier solution for a start would be
1) What are the currencies pair that you need?
2) Give me their link here -> https://coinpaprika.com/ (that is usually what upstream ask me when I ask to add new crypto)
12 Apr 2021 17:15:50
12 Apr 2021 21:43:21
- Hi Evan, regarding your reply "My upstream is not giving them in SGD pairs. I am not familiar with crypto. Can I just use BTC-USD and convert it base on the FX rate that day?" --> I am doing that as well at the moment, using the USD pairs and putting a mix of values either in currency USD or SGD depending on how I got them. However, when I select currency as SGD, the FX rate field disappears, am I right to assume that you computethe value back in USD in the back with the FX of that day, or it's something that I should set in my transaction? If I should, then how since the field disappears? Thanks a lot for your help and for this feature!
13 Apr 2021 21:26:10
- @evankoh ok got it...will create a feature request soon.
14 Apr 2021 11:40:46
- @dtab "am I right to assume that you computethe value back in USD in the back with the FX of that day" -> Yes, if you state that your transaction currency is in SGD, then the FX will be automated.
@kohryunkiat Will reach out to upstream
15 Apr 2021 13:22:12
- Noted thank you :)
18 Apr 2021 16:20:14
- Anyone has any idea how to add interest from crypto that’s loaned out?
8 Jun 2021 20:07:55
- You can go to this page and add/override dividend for it -> https://stocks.cafe/portfoliov2/override
10 Jun 2021 07:44:21
- Cool. Thanks evan!
10 Jun 2021 20:54:45
Next Article >
< Previous Article
Conclusion of StocksCafe's First ...
Start Tracking Your Options Trades ...
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
Updates: Dividend Projection, Dividend Details by Month and More
Many users use SGXcafe to track their dividends, and I have received suggestions regarding it. I am always happy to hear from users, and where possible, I do my best to implement them in SGXcafe. This weekend, I spent some time and worked on a few aspects related to dividends: Dividend Projection In Portfolio Report, I have added a feature that projects how much dividends you are likely to receive ...
Personalize Your StocksCafe
Everyone is different and uses StocksCafe differently. This is why there are many ways to customize StocksCafe so that it best suits your usage. To make StocksCafe work the best for you, I strongly encourage everyone to go though the different customizable options available if you have not already done so. Here are the six main customizable categories, along with the recommended settings: Email - In ...
Share Your Portfolio Selectively
Our portfolios are very personal and sensitive information. While many users have generously shared them publicly, many more are not comfortable with opening up their portfolio and share with just anyone who visits stocks.cafe. This is totally understandable. Even I only share my portfolio partially (portfolio is displayed without exact values). Hence, I have recently added a followers/following mechanism ...