Subscribe to RSS feed
posted on 17 Aug 2021  -  3,376 views
Many users have been requesting for StocksCafe to join the Dark side :)
That is, to make Dark mode an option. As always, we do our best to meet users' requests as long as it is within our means, especially if many requested for it.
Today, we are happy to share that you can now
choose between the Light and Dark color schemes. As this is our first iteration for the Dark color scheme, please let us know if we missed out on any page or section.
Happy (dark) investing!
p.s.: This is currently available on Desktop only. We will work on making Dark mode available for Mobile App in future.
- Dark Mode looks good, however this makes the loss (Red) & Gains (Green) a little harder to see.
You might want to use brighter Red or Green when it switches into Dark Mode.
17 Aug 2021 08:28:08
- thanks Evan! Very excited to see this option being finally available. btw- any plans to introduce a darker dark mode? like true black for the background. That might make the text more readable as highlighted by southerncross as well.
17 Aug 2021 08:45:20
- @southerncross I realized that I did not change for all. I just did it. Do check again
@crayxc30ac Unlikely will introduce different shades of dark :) I will continue to tune it to make it as smoothing to the eyes as possible (likely via copying the color combo of other apps that I like).
Of course, everyone have their own preference. Maybe the right way forward it to enable users to upload their own css file and/or determine their own color combo.
17 Aug 2021 11:46:22
- @Evankoh Just checked, working as intended. Its easier to see now.
17 Aug 2021 11:50:33
- Hi Evan,
The below text at the overall screen are still darker than others.
Overall - TWR = 56.49%, Xirr = 12.73%
17 Aug 2021 11:54:21
- Ah... Missed that. Updated. Thanks!
17 Aug 2021 12:36:24
- Evan thanks for your hard work! Will it be possible for you to tweak the dark mode background colour to reduce the amount of green/blue so it has more of a grey appearance? Hardwarezone forum (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/) has nice dark mode colours (click on the crescent icon beside "?" icon), maybe you can reference that.
17 Aug 2021 14:49:50
- @peritexo Agree on the too much blue. But got too much green? Where? Also, yes hardwarezone seems to have decent dark mode.
17 Aug 2021 15:00:25
- @evankoh Ah I see. Maybe it's my monitor but I couldn't really tell if there's too much green or blue so I decided to mention both, to be safe, haha.
17 Aug 2021 15:10:22
- lol. Btw, too much green on portfolio pages is a good thing. Better than too much red ;)
17 Aug 2021 16:13:42
- I like the dark side scheme. Thanks!
30 Aug 2021 21:33:15
< Previous Article
StocksCafe Now Offers Singapore-Only ...
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
I just realized that it has been almost a month since I last wrote in here! I wanted to drop a quick note so that people know that StocksCafe is still in active development :) Apart from all the bug fixes and touch ups here and there, I have been spending most of my energy on upgrading the infrastructure of StocksCafe. Previously, everything about StocksCafe is basically packed into one server. As ...
My investment strategy
I generally prefer a buy and hold approach. It is because I view shares of companies as entitlement to profits, and profits of good companies would only increase over time even if their short-term share price fluctuates. Also, capital gain is not recurring income whereas dividend gain is, and the latter is important to me since I am investing to retire. Of course, the question would be how to differentiate ...
Open Invitation to Financial Bloggers and Quick Feature Updates
As StocksCafe is currently expanding beyond Singapore to other markets in Asia, I am now looking to feature financial bloggers from around Asia. If you are a financial blogger or if you know of any financial blogger that writes about stocks or financial related topics focusing on Asia, please let me know either via private messaging or by simply commenting on this article. In other updates, I would ...