Subscribe to RSS feed
Updated: 8 Jan 2021
posted on 18 Mar 2016  -  46,162 views
Are you keeping track of your portfolio by Excel or some other tedious method? There is a way to do it painlessly, and it even allows you to share it on your own site with just a single line of html code! The best part? It's all available for free!
There are many awesome financial bloggers in Singapore who share their portfolios on their blog. To me, it is to demonstrate that having a good passive income is not rocket science and it is possible for anyone. However, many of these portfolios are often a static web page that is awkwardly ported over from their personal excel sheet to html.
I might not have many years of experience investing in Singapore stock market, but what I do have is decent experience and knowledge in web technologies and this is where I thought I could contribute to the community. Hence I have added a feature to StocksCafe whereby you can easily display your SGX portfolio on your own website with just a a few clicks.
A popular financial blogger in Singapore has already adopted this and is sharing his
StocksCafe portfolio on his website. In his
recent blog post, he also shared how much he enjoys using StocksCafe. Thank you!
Even if you do not have your own website or blog, you can also easily share your portfolio in StocksCafe. I have just
created a page that lists every portfolio shared publicly. All you have to do is decide how much of your portfolio you want to reveal on
In summary, there are just three easy steps to sharing your portfolio:
Sign up for StocksCafe.
Step 2: Create your portfolio by
entering your past transactions.
Go here to decide how much you would like to share.
(Optional) Step 4: Add a
line of html code to your own website or blog to embed your own StocksCafe portfolio.
Let's share and walk together in this journey towards financial independence!
p.s.: Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need any assistance anytime.
- Thanks for sharing! I find your portfolio tracker really useful too!
18 Mar 2016 13:53:40
- Glad to know that my work have been useful!
18 Mar 2016 20:54:06
- Just discovered this website from HWZ forum. I'm addicted to this website for the past two days, porting my excel transactions here! :]
22 Apr 2016 19:54:36
- Welcome onboard! Let me know if there is any features that I can add to make it even better for you :)
22 Apr 2016 20:52:55
- hi evan, how do you amend dividend amount to scrip?
19 May 2016 18:20:50
- Hi, you can now manually override your dividends collected. Read this article for more information -> https://www.sgxcafe.com/article/view/39/
19 May 2016 19:11:23
- 15HWW needs to update his url on his blog.:)
10 May 2017 10:18:59
- @thevaluefund, ? I am not sure if I understand what you are saying.
10 May 2017 10:48:47
- Hi Evan, I would like to share my portfolio but realised "go here" and "this page" not working
16 Aug 2019 12:13:20
- Thanks for reporting. Ya. It was using sgxcafe.com domain which is deprecated.
Anyway, I have updated them.
16 Aug 2019 15:39:01
- hello! I am trying to see if I can have my portfolio embedded on wordpress, but it seems to keep disappearing. Not sure if its a wordpress thing or am I doing it wrongly. After pasting the html in and saving, the link just disappears. For reference, the url is at "fumblingadulting.wordpress.com". Thanks!
5 Jun 2020 21:26:47
- same as @geolinyo! do you have an update for this @evankoh?
24 Jan 2021 11:03:06
- @geolinyo and @pusheenBoi
Sorry for the late reply. I believe it is something on the wordpress side. You would need to google around how to allow iframe in your site. I believe it is a security checks by wordpress to protect you.
One easy workaround is simply include this link and direct your users to StocksCafe -> https://stocks.cafe/user/profile?username=pusheenBoi
25 Jan 2021 11:09:30
Next Article >
< Previous Article
Stay Alert with SGXcafe
SGXcafe Turns One! Thank You!
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
Try Award-winning Trading Platform And Become Friend of StocksCafe
The first donations for StocksCafe came in May 2016. Although I was very thrilled to know that whatever I built is of enough value to people that many are willing to back it up, it was not my intention to build a paid product. However, the truth is StocksCafe is very dependent on donations as the ad revenue sustains only about 35-45% of current operating costs of StocksCafe. I have been thinking of ...
Malaysia Bursa Stocks Now Available!
As I was working on the final phase of the HK integration, I realized that it might be better if I also had Malaysia stocks information because news agency and blogs that I wanted to index tend to have news/articles on both markets. Hence, last weekend, I switched gears and started integrating Malaysia stocks into StocksCafe as well. I am happy to share that you can look up information of Malaysia ...
Investor's Resource: Uncle Stock
A user recently recommended a stock screener website, Uncle Stock, to me. Upon checking the site out, I found that it's an extremely comprehensive (able to screen all major markets) and powerful (able to screen from >100 metrics) stock screener website. Overflowing with information, this website might be daunting for new investors to navigate, but will prove to be a mighty tool for those who know ...