Subscribe to RSS feed
Updated: 8 Jan 2021
posted on 18 Mar 2016  -  56,735 views
Are you keeping track of your portfolio by Excel or some other tedious method? There is a way to do it painlessly, and it even allows you to share it on your own site with just a single line of html code! The best part? It's all available for free!
There are many awesome financial bloggers in Singapore who share their portfolios on their blog. To me, it is to demonstrate that having a good passive income is not rocket science and it is possible for anyone. However, many of these portfolios are often a static web page that is awkwardly ported over from their personal excel sheet to html.
I might not have many years of experience investing in Singapore stock market, but what I do have is decent experience and knowledge in web technologies and this is where I thought I could contribute to the community. Hence I have added a feature to StocksCafe whereby you can easily display your SGX portfolio on your own website with just a a few clicks.
A popular financial blogger in Singapore has already adopted this and is sharing his
StocksCafe portfolio on his website. In his
recent blog post, he also shared how much he enjoys using StocksCafe. Thank you!
Even if you do not have your own website or blog, you can also easily share your portfolio in StocksCafe. I have just
created a page that lists every portfolio shared publicly. All you have to do is decide how much of your portfolio you want to reveal on
In summary, there are just three easy steps to sharing your portfolio:
Sign up for StocksCafe.
Step 2: Create your portfolio by
entering your past transactions.
Go here to decide how much you would like to share.
(Optional) Step 4: Add a
line of html code to your own website or blog to embed your own StocksCafe portfolio.
Let's share and walk together in this journey towards financial independence!
p.s.: Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need any assistance anytime.
- Thanks for sharing! I find your portfolio tracker really useful too!
18 Mar 2016 13:53:40
- Glad to know that my work have been useful!
18 Mar 2016 20:54:06
- Just discovered this website from HWZ forum. I'm addicted to this website for the past two days, porting my excel transactions here! :]
22 Apr 2016 19:54:36
- Welcome onboard! Let me know if there is any features that I can add to make it even better for you :)
22 Apr 2016 20:52:55
- hi evan, how do you amend dividend amount to scrip?
19 May 2016 18:20:50
- Hi, you can now manually override your dividends collected. Read this article for more information -> https://www.sgxcafe.com/article/view/39/
19 May 2016 19:11:23
- 15HWW needs to update his url on his blog.:)
10 May 2017 10:18:59
- @thevaluefund, ? I am not sure if I understand what you are saying.
10 May 2017 10:48:47
- Hi Evan, I would like to share my portfolio but realised "go here" and "this page" not working
16 Aug 2019 12:13:20
- Thanks for reporting. Ya. It was using sgxcafe.com domain which is deprecated.
Anyway, I have updated them.
16 Aug 2019 15:39:01
- hello! I am trying to see if I can have my portfolio embedded on wordpress, but it seems to keep disappearing. Not sure if its a wordpress thing or am I doing it wrongly. After pasting the html in and saving, the link just disappears. For reference, the url is at "fumblingadulting.wordpress.com". Thanks!
5 Jun 2020 21:26:47
- same as @geolinyo! do you have an update for this @evankoh?
24 Jan 2021 11:03:06
- @geolinyo and @pusheenBoi
Sorry for the late reply. I believe it is something on the wordpress side. You would need to google around how to allow iframe in your site. I believe it is a security checks by wordpress to protect you.
One easy workaround is simply include this link and direct your users to StocksCafe -> https://stocks.cafe/user/profile?username=pusheenBoi
25 Jan 2021 11:09:30
Next Article >
< Previous Article
Stay Alert with SGXcafe
SGXcafe Turns One! Thank You!
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
New data provider for US and London + New Twitter Account
New Data Provider for US and London If you do not own US or London stocks, feel free to skip this part. One of the limitations of StocksCafe is getting quality data at a reasonable price. While StocksCafe would love to support all exchanges and display all sorts of financial information, obtaining quality data and properly licensing them with a limited budget is extremely challenging. Therefore, we ...
One thing I wished for in StocksCafe is the sharing of knowledge and information between users. It was the main motivation of having "Cafe". However, it has not been as lively as I had hoped for. I have made some changes to it recently, hoping to encourage more sharing between users. 1) Less Clutter - I have removed and rearranged sections in order to create a simpler and cleaner look. 2) Searchable ...
Fundamental Metrics - See More, More Easily
For each listed stock in SGX, there is a profile page (e.g. DBS) that displays the valuation and financial metrics of that stock. Personally, I use it often to learn the historical and current fundamental values of the stock. However, there are limitations to it. 1) Due to space constraint, I can only display partial information. For example, for Valuation metrics, I only show 52 weeks high, low, median, ...