Subscribe to RSS feed
posted on 23 Apr 2016  -  49,388 views
It has been two weeks since my last update. I am happy to share that most administrative issues with SGX and third party data providers have been handled. Next on the list would be to tackle the technical issues of integrating data that I have licensed into SGXcafe. I have already started integrating dividend information, since this is something numerous users have been asking me about. At this point of writing, you should already see some dividend information already back up. I will continue to add more dividend information in various places progressively.
Interestingly, my data provider packages fundamental information of stocks listed in Asia Pacific as one. Hence, I now also have some information about other exchanges apart from SGX. I will also be putting them up within the next 2-3 weeks.
In other news, SGXcafe recently saw a surge in usage thanks to a kind user setting up a
thread for SGXcafe in HardWareZone.com. Thank you very much! I greatly appreciate any effort in sharing SGXcafe :)
- Looking forward to the integration of company announcements too; sorely missed that. :)
24 Apr 2016 19:49:30
- Great news and looking forward to seeing SGXcafe going from strength to strength. Best wishes!
25 Apr 2016 09:51:08
- @rhin, unfortunately, company announcements will not be back in the short term. The pricing for that requested by SGX is well beyond the possibility to license it without charging users heavily. But I will try more creative approaches such as crawling pages of listed companies directly with their permissions or even better, asking listed company to also list their announcements in SGXcafe directly.
@amit, Thanks :)
25 Apr 2016 10:05:20
- Thanks for doing! Really appreciated! :)
27 Apr 2016 09:14:25
- Thank you! :)
28 Apr 2016 00:22:07
- well maintained site with useful stuffs, thanks a lot :)
3 May 2016 23:30:05
- Will you be including dividends from retail bonds like FCL or Genting?
5 May 2016 17:54:34
- @suzyng, @jerry88, and @asteredo, Thanks :)
@jjj2323, another user have also asked similar question. I will spend some time to see if I can do anything about it. Btw, I will be releasing an small update where manual input of dividends will be possible soon. Hope that would help.
5 May 2016 20:49:09
- Evan, no worries. I have used the manual input and it works perfectly. You have a great site and i was just nitpicking.
10 May 2016 11:17:06
- @jjj2323, great!
10 May 2016 14:49:50
Next Article >
< Previous Article
Dividends Collected is Back, and ...
A Quick Update
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
Download SGXcafe iOS App Now!
Yes, SGXcafe finally has an app! According to Google Analytics, about 40% of visitors use mobile devices to access SGXcafe. Naturally, there have been numerous requests for SGXcafe to have a mobile app. Personally, I also wanted a mobile app for SGXcafe to better serve users, but I know nothing about iOS and Andriod development hence I have been procrastinating it. However, "iOS Universal App" is one ...
Improved Screener and Other Updates
Screener has always been one tool in SGXcafe that I enjoy using. With it, I can easily rank the hundreds of stocks listed in SGX based on whatever metrics I want. Which is also the reason why I decided to spend some time this weekend enhancing it. Firstly, I added a few more metrics to it. Namely: - Dividend Strength - NAV / Price - Cash / Price - Cashflow / Price There have been requests to rank only ...
At the moment, one of the most highly voted features in Friends of SGXcafe is "Use various known methods to compute the intrinsic value of stocks". As much as I want to do it, it is not easy to compute the real "intrinsic" value of stocks, assuming it even exists. All methods that I have found require subjective opinions of the future. And often, small deviations in assumed values influence the results ...