Subscribe to RSS feed
posted on 23 Apr 2016  -  5,964 views
It has been two weeks since my last update. I am happy to share that most administrative issues with SGX and third party data providers have been handled. Next on the list would be to tackle the technical issues of integrating data that I have licensed into SGXcafe. I have already started integrating dividend information, since this is something numerous users have been asking me about. At this point of writing, you should already see some dividend information already back up. I will continue to add more dividend information in various places progressively.
Interestingly, my data provider packages fundamental information of stocks listed in Asia Pacific as one. Hence, I now also have some information about other exchanges apart from SGX. I will also be putting them up within the next 2-3 weeks.
In other news, SGXcafe recently saw a surge in usage thanks to a kind user setting up a
thread for SGXcafe in HardWareZone.com. Thank you very much! I greatly appreciate any effort in sharing SGXcafe :)
- Looking forward to the integration of company announcements too; sorely missed that. :)
24 Apr 2016 19:49:30
- Great news and looking forward to seeing SGXcafe going from strength to strength. Best wishes!
25 Apr 2016 09:51:08
- @rhin, unfortunately, company announcements will not be back in the short term. The pricing for that requested by SGX is well beyond the possibility to license it without charging users heavily. But I will try more creative approaches such as crawling pages of listed companies directly with their permissions or even better, asking listed company to also list their announcements in SGXcafe directly.
@amit, Thanks :)
25 Apr 2016 10:05:20
- Thanks for doing! Really appreciated! :)
27 Apr 2016 09:14:25
- Thank you! :)
28 Apr 2016 00:22:07
- well maintained site with useful stuffs, thanks a lot :)
3 May 2016 23:30:05
- Will you be including dividends from retail bonds like FCL or Genting?
5 May 2016 17:54:34
- @suzyng, @jerry88, and @asteredo, Thanks :)
@jjj2323, another user have also asked similar question. I will spend some time to see if I can do anything about it. Btw, I will be releasing an small update where manual input of dividends will be possible soon. Hope that would help.
5 May 2016 20:49:09
- Evan, no worries. I have used the manual input and it works perfectly. You have a great site and i was just nitpicking.
10 May 2016 11:17:06
- @jjj2323, great!
10 May 2016 14:49:50
Next Article >
< Previous Article
Dividends Collected is Back, and ...
A Quick Update
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
Market Update Emails Fixed
For the past two days, some users have noticed missing information in their market update emails. Specifically, it is the Cost, Day Change, P&L, etc of each portfolio that is missing. This issue affected users who have only a single currency in their portfolio. It has now been fixed and you should see those details in your emails again from today onwards. A big thank you to all users who took time ...
Recent Updates: Email Timing and Others
While StocksCafe is constantly fixing bugs and adding new features, once in a while, I would like to highlight and explain some new features or changes. The following are recent updates which I believe deserve to be highlighted: 1. Market Update Emails Market update emails is one of the more popular features in StocksCafe. In the past, it was catered solely for the Singapore market thus over the weekend, ...
Introducing the New Wall
As mentioned in the first article of 2017, one of SGXcafe's focus is to improve mobile engagement. So here we are, with our first baby step. I was never a fan of how SGXcafe's home page was as it did not allow users to easily catch up on the latest happenings since their last visit, and the format was not mobile-friendly. Hence we are introducing a Wall that is inspired by Facebook's feed where all ...