Subscribe to RSS feed
posted on 23 Apr 2016  -  4,085 views
It has been two weeks since my last update. I am happy to share that most administrative issues with SGX and third party data providers have been handled. Next on the list would be to tackle the technical issues of integrating data that I have licensed into SGXcafe. I have already started integrating dividend information, since this is something numerous users have been asking me about. At this point of writing, you should already see some dividend information already back up. I will continue to add more dividend information in various places progressively.
Interestingly, my data provider packages fundamental information of stocks listed in Asia Pacific as one. Hence, I now also have some information about other exchanges apart from SGX. I will also be putting them up within the next 2-3 weeks.
In other news, SGXcafe recently saw a surge in usage thanks to a kind user setting up a
thread for SGXcafe in HardWareZone.com. Thank you very much! I greatly appreciate any effort in sharing SGXcafe :)
- Looking forward to the integration of company announcements too; sorely missed that. :)
24 Apr 2016 19:49:30
- Great news and looking forward to seeing SGXcafe going from strength to strength. Best wishes!
25 Apr 2016 09:51:08
- @rhin, unfortunately, company announcements will not be back in the short term. The pricing for that requested by SGX is well beyond the possibility to license it without charging users heavily. But I will try more creative approaches such as crawling pages of listed companies directly with their permissions or even better, asking listed company to also list their announcements in SGXcafe directly.
@amit, Thanks :)
25 Apr 2016 10:05:20
- Thanks for doing! Really appreciated! :)
27 Apr 2016 09:14:25
- Thank you! :)
28 Apr 2016 00:22:07
- well maintained site with useful stuffs, thanks a lot :)
3 May 2016 23:30:05
- Will you be including dividends from retail bonds like FCL or Genting?
5 May 2016 17:54:34
- @suzyng, @jerry88, and @asteredo, Thanks :)
@jjj2323, another user have also asked similar question. I will spend some time to see if I can do anything about it. Btw, I will be releasing an small update where manual input of dividends will be possible soon. Hope that would help.
5 May 2016 20:49:09
- Evan, no worries. I have used the manual input and it works perfectly. You have a great site and i was just nitpicking.
10 May 2016 11:17:06
- @jjj2323, great!
10 May 2016 14:49:50
Next Article >
< Previous Article
Dividends Collected is Back, and ...
A Quick Update
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
Share Screeners Effortlessly
Recently, I introduced the new Stock Screener. It was well-received with many requests to add metrics and capabilities to it. This week, I spent some time to add the ability to share your Screener easily. There are a few things I hope to achieve with this sharing feature. 1) Easy Translation - To demonstrate how to easy it is to translate a strategy in your mind into a concrete screener. I have translated ...
Frequently Asked Questions
I regularly receive questions related to StocksCafe and often the same questions are asked over and over again, hence I think it is time to consolidate them in one place. This article will serve as a placeholder for FAQ and I will update this article as I receive more questions. How do I use StocksCafe? While I constantly add new features to StocksCafe, they will be centered around two themes: Helping ...
Help Shape SGXcafe's Future
Note: There is a one-question survey at the end of the post, and your input is appreciated. Today, I am writing because SGXcafe has reached a crossroad. You might know that SGXcafe started out as a personal project, but I made it available for public use when I thought it might help other small retail investors like myself invest better. However, SGX recently contacted me and said that SGXcafe needs ...