Subscribe to RSS feed
posted on 23 Apr 2016  -  3,028 views
It has been two weeks since my last update. I am happy to share that most administrative issues with SGX and third party data providers have been handled. Next on the list would be to tackle the technical issues of integrating data that I have licensed into SGXcafe. I have already started integrating dividend information, since this is something numerous users have been asking me about. At this point of writing, you should already see some dividend information already back up. I will continue to add more dividend information in various places progressively.
Interestingly, my data provider packages fundamental information of stocks listed in Asia Pacific as one. Hence, I now also have some information about other exchanges apart from SGX. I will also be putting them up within the next 2-3 weeks.
In other news, SGXcafe recently saw a surge in usage thanks to a kind user setting up a
thread for SGXcafe in HardWareZone.com. Thank you very much! I greatly appreciate any effort in sharing SGXcafe :)
- Looking forward to the integration of company announcements too; sorely missed that. :)
24 Apr 2016 19:49:30
- Great news and looking forward to seeing SGXcafe going from strength to strength. Best wishes!
25 Apr 2016 09:51:08
- @rhin, unfortunately, company announcements will not be back in the short term. The pricing for that requested by SGX is well beyond the possibility to license it without charging users heavily. But I will try more creative approaches such as crawling pages of listed companies directly with their permissions or even better, asking listed company to also list their announcements in SGXcafe directly.
@amit, Thanks :)
25 Apr 2016 10:05:20
- Thanks for doing! Really appreciated! :)
27 Apr 2016 09:14:25
- Thank you! :)
28 Apr 2016 00:22:07
- well maintained site with useful stuffs, thanks a lot :)
3 May 2016 23:30:05
- Will you be including dividends from retail bonds like FCL or Genting?
5 May 2016 17:54:34
- @suzyng, @jerry88, and @asteredo, Thanks :)
@jjj2323, another user have also asked similar question. I will spend some time to see if I can do anything about it. Btw, I will be releasing an small update where manual input of dividends will be possible soon. Hope that would help.
5 May 2016 20:49:09
- Evan, no worries. I have used the manual input and it works perfectly. You have a great site and i was just nitpicking.
10 May 2016 11:17:06
- @jjj2323, great!
10 May 2016 14:49:50
Next Article >
< Previous Article
Dividends Collected is Back, and ...
A Quick Update
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
Useful Links for SGXcafe Users
As the amount of content in SGXcafe continues to grow, it is increasing hard for users to easily keep track of everything that is happening. SGXcafe wall is the first effort to make it easier for users to catch up with the latest happenings, especially on the go (via mobile view). Although the wall is customizable to your liking, only 42 users actually tailor it. Hence I would like to introduce two ...
More Updates: Dividends Override Bug and More Dividends-Related Improvements
Dividends Override was introduced to SGXcafe during the time when one account can hold only one portfolio. Soon after, I introduced the support for Multiple Portfolios in SGXcafe. However, Dividends Override was not updated to support Multiple Portfolios. This mistake potentially caused some mistakes in computing the total dividends you have collected if you happen to hold the same stock in different ...
Win Free Tickets to BigFatPurse Investor Conference 2016
Each year, BigFatPurse organises a gathering for investors to check on their current year's performance and to get new investing ideas for the upcoming year. It used to be opened only to their members. As more people heard about their gathering, they received more requests to open it up to the public. And this year, they have finally opened it. With a star-studded speaker line up made up of fund managers ...