Subscribe to RSS feed
posted on 13 Jun 2016  -  23,759 views
Recently, quite a few users have independently requested for the ability to have multiple portfolios in a single account. It seems typical to have multiple investment accounts, such as CDP, CPF, and SRS.
Although this seems like a straightforward feature, it actually requires significant amount of time and effort to build because:
1. SGXcafe was built with the assumption of one portfolio per account, and to change that means changing the very fundamental blocks upon which SGXcafe was built, i.e. everything.
2. I had to ensure that SGXcafe continues to run smoothly while making this fundamental shift. Hence I was initially really reluctant to do it. However, it is the top feature that
Friends of SGXcafe voted for with 10 likes out of the current 23 Friends. Therefore, I decided to invest time and effort to build it.
I am pleased to share that SGXcafe now supports multiple portfolios. Basically, all transactions will be tagged to a portfolio from now on, and all of your current transactions are automatically tagged to the "Default" portfolio.
Here's what to do if you currently have transactions from your multiple portfolios stored in a single SGXcafe account:
Create new portfolios here.
2. Re-tag your current transactions easily using the
rightmost column here.
3. For your future transactions, choose the portfolio they belong to as you
If you have multiple SGXcafe accounts for each of your portfolios, you can combine them into a single SGXcafe account:
1. Choose an account (let's call this account "Main") and
create new portfolios.
2. Go to all your other accounts and
export transactions from each of them
3. Go back to "Main" and
import all the files from step 2. Remember to choose the correct portfolio from the dropdown before clicking on the upload button.
After the transactions are properly tagged to the respective portfolios,
Current Portfolio and
Closed Positions will allow you to either view each portfolio separately or together using a dropdown box on the top right.
I will continue to add more features to support Multiple Portfolios based on users and Friends of SGXcafe's suggestions and votes.
- nice move.
13 Jun 2016 13:35:24
- thanks for making this possible !
13 Jun 2016 14:35:39
13 Jun 2016 18:21:17
- Tq. SgxCafe getting more interesting. Could you provide a glossary of such terms as ES3, ES, VaR, Drawdown etc ?
13 Jun 2016 20:16:18
- See this -> https://www.sgxcafe.com/definitions/technicals
13 Jun 2016 21:15:06
- Great move - I have set up separate CPF portfolio and will be importing my SRS portfolio soon. Let's keep improving sgxcafe!
14 Jun 2016 20:27:10
- great one (Y)
14 Jun 2016 21:03:04
- nice addition Evan making sgxcafe even more useful. How about setting up an App for easy download ?
16 Jun 2016 10:29:38
26 Jun 2016 00:19:49
Next Article >
< Previous Article
Updates: Visualization, Watchlist ...
How My Wife Uses SGXcafe - Dividend ...
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
Refer & Get Limited Edition StocksCafe T-shirts!
Happy Lunar New Year! As you might know, one of the main objectives of StocksCafe this year is to grow. So as you are sharing/talking about your financial freedom journey with your friends and family during this festive season, it would be great if you could also take this opportunity to share the tool/website that hopefully helped a little in your journey :) Token of Appreciation For every person ...
More Visuals for Closed Positions & Portfolio Dividends
After the recent release of new visuals for portfolio dividends, there have been more requests regarding visuals' representations. They include the following: 1) Consistent Color: Previously, the same sector would be represented by different colors across different pie charts on the same page. I have since fixed that. Now, the same sector would be represented by the same color on the same page. 2) ...
Recent Updates: Email Timing and Others
While StocksCafe is constantly fixing bugs and adding new features, once in a while, I would like to highlight and explain some new features or changes. The following are recent updates which I believe deserve to be highlighted: 1. Market Update Emails Market update emails is one of the more popular features in StocksCafe. In the past, it was catered solely for the Singapore market thus over the weekend, ...