Subscribe to RSS feed
posted on 13 Jun 2016  -  2,763 views
Recently, quite a few users have independently requested for the ability to have multiple portfolios in a single account. It seems typical to have multiple investment accounts, such as CDP, CPF, and SRS.
Although this seems like a straightforward feature, it actually requires significant amount of time and effort to build because:
1. SGXcafe was built with the assumption of one portfolio per account, and to change that means changing the very fundamental blocks upon which SGXcafe was built, i.e. everything.
2. I had to ensure that SGXcafe continues to run smoothly while making this fundamental shift. Hence I was initially really reluctant to do it. However, it is the top feature that
Friends of SGXcafe voted for with 10 likes out of the current 23 Friends. Therefore, I decided to invest time and effort to build it.
I am pleased to share that SGXcafe now supports multiple portfolios. Basically, all transactions will be tagged to a portfolio from now on, and all of your current transactions are automatically tagged to the "Default" portfolio.
Here's what to do if you currently have transactions from your multiple portfolios stored in a single SGXcafe account:
Create new portfolios here.
2. Re-tag your current transactions easily using the
rightmost column here.
3. For your future transactions, choose the portfolio they belong to as you
If you have multiple SGXcafe accounts for each of your portfolios, you can combine them into a single SGXcafe account:
1. Choose an account (let's call this account "Main") and
create new portfolios.
2. Go to all your other accounts and
export transactions from each of them
3. Go back to "Main" and
import all the files from step 2. Remember to choose the correct portfolio from the dropdown before clicking on the upload button.
After the transactions are properly tagged to the respective portfolios,
Current Portfolio and
Closed Positions will allow you to either view each portfolio separately or together using a dropdown box on the top right.
I will continue to add more features to support Multiple Portfolios based on users and Friends of SGXcafe's suggestions and votes.
- nice move.
13 Jun 2016 13:35:24
- thanks for making this possible !
13 Jun 2016 14:35:39
13 Jun 2016 18:21:17
- Tq. SgxCafe getting more interesting. Could you provide a glossary of such terms as ES3, ES, VaR, Drawdown etc ?
13 Jun 2016 20:16:18
- See this -> https://www.sgxcafe.com/definitions/technicals
13 Jun 2016 21:15:06
- Great move - I have set up separate CPF portfolio and will be importing my SRS portfolio soon. Let's keep improving sgxcafe!
14 Jun 2016 20:27:10
- great one (Y)
14 Jun 2016 21:03:04
- nice addition Evan making sgxcafe even more useful. How about setting up an App for easy download ?
16 Jun 2016 10:29:38
26 Jun 2016 00:19:49
Next Article >
< Previous Article
APAC Stock Information Now On SGXcafe
How My Wife Uses SGXcafe - Dividend ...
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
Are You Using The New Stock Screener? Why or Why Not?
Since the introduction of the new stock screener, I have received numerous requests to add more metrics and/or to add more ways to build the constraints so that different strategies can be easily implemented using the new screener. Hence the number of metrics have grown, from the initial 30 to the current 60+ different metrics covering both technicals and fundamentals. The number of ways to build the ...
Faster Than Before!
Slow Loading Due to my lack of experience with infrastructure configuration, for the most part of last week, the experience of using StocksCafe has been unpleasantly slow. I apologize for that and am thankful for your patience. Truth be told, it was rather stressful for me. I personally hate to use slow websites so I was waking up at ungodly hours (read: 4am) to configure the servers so as to impact ...
Improved Portfolio Reporting
One of the main goals of SGXcafe is providing a portfolio management tool. It is also one of the most popular features in SGXcafe. When I added the ability for one account to have multiple portfolios, it was quickly adopted and used by hundreds of users. However, at that time, you could not look at individual portfolio for the portfolio reporting tab and a few users requested to have this feature added. ...