Subscribe to RSS feed
posted on 13 Jun 2016  -  6,001 views
Recently, quite a few users have independently requested for the ability to have multiple portfolios in a single account. It seems typical to have multiple investment accounts, such as CDP, CPF, and SRS.
Although this seems like a straightforward feature, it actually requires significant amount of time and effort to build because:
1. SGXcafe was built with the assumption of one portfolio per account, and to change that means changing the very fundamental blocks upon which SGXcafe was built, i.e. everything.
2. I had to ensure that SGXcafe continues to run smoothly while making this fundamental shift. Hence I was initially really reluctant to do it. However, it is the top feature that
Friends of SGXcafe voted for with 10 likes out of the current 23 Friends. Therefore, I decided to invest time and effort to build it.
I am pleased to share that SGXcafe now supports multiple portfolios. Basically, all transactions will be tagged to a portfolio from now on, and all of your current transactions are automatically tagged to the "Default" portfolio.
Here's what to do if you currently have transactions from your multiple portfolios stored in a single SGXcafe account:
Create new portfolios here.
2. Re-tag your current transactions easily using the
rightmost column here.
3. For your future transactions, choose the portfolio they belong to as you
If you have multiple SGXcafe accounts for each of your portfolios, you can combine them into a single SGXcafe account:
1. Choose an account (let's call this account "Main") and
create new portfolios.
2. Go to all your other accounts and
export transactions from each of them
3. Go back to "Main" and
import all the files from step 2. Remember to choose the correct portfolio from the dropdown before clicking on the upload button.
After the transactions are properly tagged to the respective portfolios,
Current Portfolio and
Closed Positions will allow you to either view each portfolio separately or together using a dropdown box on the top right.
I will continue to add more features to support Multiple Portfolios based on users and Friends of SGXcafe's suggestions and votes.
- nice move.
13 Jun 2016 13:35:24
- thanks for making this possible !
13 Jun 2016 14:35:39
13 Jun 2016 18:21:17
- Tq. SgxCafe getting more interesting. Could you provide a glossary of such terms as ES3, ES, VaR, Drawdown etc ?
13 Jun 2016 20:16:18
- See this -> https://www.sgxcafe.com/definitions/technicals
13 Jun 2016 21:15:06
- Great move - I have set up separate CPF portfolio and will be importing my SRS portfolio soon. Let's keep improving sgxcafe!
14 Jun 2016 20:27:10
- great one (Y)
14 Jun 2016 21:03:04
- nice addition Evan making sgxcafe even more useful. How about setting up an App for easy download ?
16 Jun 2016 10:29:38
26 Jun 2016 00:19:49
Next Article >
< Previous Article
APAC Stock Information Now On SGXcafe
How My Wife Uses SGXcafe - Dividend ...
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
How to retire?
Many people that I know invest not to be rich, but simply hoping to be able to retire one day. Likewise, my main goal of investment is to retire. Naturally, I am curious to know how I will be able to retire. More specifically, how much do I need to invest annually? What rate of return do I need? When I can retire? To answer these questions, I decided to build a simple simulator. Basically, it assumes ...
Hong Kong Stock Exchange Information Now Available!
After many hours of coding, I am happy to share that Phase 1 (of 3) of the expansion to Hong Kong is now complete! Information about Hong Kong stocks is now available in SGXcafe (e.g. CK Hutchison). At the moment, it hasn't been incorporated into the search yet, but you can find the full list of active stocks in Hong Kong Stock Exchange here. In Phase 2, I will focus on features revolving around adding ...
SGXcafe's Own Forum!
Several users have independently suggested that SGXcafe should have its own forum. Hence, I spent the last week building it and I am excited to share that the forum is live and ready for use! For a forum to be successful, it requires the active participation of the community. Currently, SGXcafe has several tens of thousand visitors every month, of which several thousands are heavy users of SGXcafe. ...