Subscribe to RSS feed
posted on 21 Jul 2016  -  3,639 views
Yes, SGXcafe finally has an app!
According to Google Analytics, about 40% of visitors use mobile devices to access SGXcafe. Naturally, there have been numerous requests for SGXcafe to have a mobile app. Personally, I also wanted a mobile app for SGXcafe to better serve users, but I know nothing about iOS and Andriod development hence I have been procrastinating it.
However, "iOS Universal App" is one of the top-voted feature in the
SGXcafe Friends' feature requests, hence I decided to invest time into learning how to develop iOS apps through online tutorials and documentation.
Today, I am very excited to share that
SGXcafe iOS app is now available in the app store! Please download it and let me know what you think. It is my first mobile app though, so please be gentle :)
Let me also talk about a few features of the app as some might not be obvious:
1) Swipe right to go back and swipe left to go forward. Think of it as a book where you would flip right to go back a page and flip left to go forward a page.
2) Pull all the way to refresh. I see this ability in many apps that I use hence I decided to add it.
3) External websites (e.g. news) will be loaded in a new View where you can simply swipe right to go back to SGXcafe. One main annoyance I have when using SGXcafe on my phone is that whenever I click on a news, a new tab on the browser is open. Hopefully, this will make reading news on SGXcafe a better experience.
- Too bad it needs IOS 9.2 or higher
21 Jul 2016 14:43:36
- Thanks! Its a huge leap.
Will be waiting for Andriod version of the app (:
21 Jul 2016 16:06:13
- @eddy: Oh. You are running on which version? Actually, I think I can lower the version. I am not really using any advanced features. It was the default version they gave me.
@jokesrule: Ah.. Now I have to learn Andriod programming.
21 Jul 2016 17:00:02
- Thanks. waiting for Android version.
21 Jul 2016 17:02:54
- fantastic. will be downloading it to try. Thanks mate :)
21 Jul 2016 23:27:37
- Android... Android... Android...! Haha. Good job, Evan koh!
21 Jul 2016 23:43:38
- @evankoh i'm using 9.0.2 due to jailbreak
23 Jul 2016 00:33:34
- Hi Evan, is it possible to lower the version to 6.1.3? I got an tablet still running on it. It's okie if is not possible. Thanks.
23 Jul 2016 10:06:21
- Hi Eddy and Yong, I will see what I can do. I am also not familiar with it :)
23 Jul 2016 10:26:59
- Hi Eddy and Yong, I have just submitted a new version of SGXcafe iOS app to Apple for review. This new version would require iOS 8.0 or higher. Sorry Yong, I cannot go to 6.1.3 due to some technical reasons.
23 Jul 2016 19:11:15
- Hi Evan, great news, well done again. I'm already using the app on my iPhone.
24 Jul 2016 13:39:01
- thanks Evan
25 Jul 2016 13:16:08
- No worries Evan. Appreciate for your great work. Thanks.
25 Jul 2016 17:00:01
Next Article >
< Previous Article
Updates: Dividend Projection, Dividend ...
Annualized Dividends and P&L For ...
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
Facebook for Investor
Note: This feature have since been removed due to low usage. We all have a limited amount of time. Are you spending that time wisely? And are you spending more time than you should be scrolling through Facebook? I am :( In an attempt to change that, I thought that if I'm going to scroll through something on my phone, I might as well be scrolling through information on companies that I have invested ...
The John Neff Screener
I regularly read articles from "The Motley Fool Singapore". One person that is frequently mentioned there is John Neff. "John Neff (born 1931) is one of the best known mutual fund investors of the past 40 years, notable for his contrarian and value investing styles as well as heading Vanguard's Windsor Fund. Windsor was the best performing mutual fund during his tenure and became the largest fund closing ...
Market Update Emails Fixed
For the past two days, some users have noticed missing information in their market update emails. Specifically, it is the Cost, Day Change, P&L, etc of each portfolio that is missing. This issue affected users who have only a single currency in their portfolio. It has now been fixed and you should see those details in your emails again from today onwards. A big thank you to all users who took time ...