Subscribe to RSS feed
posted on 21 Jul 2016  -  20,927 views
Yes, SGXcafe finally has an app!
According to Google Analytics, about 40% of visitors use mobile devices to access SGXcafe. Naturally, there have been numerous requests for SGXcafe to have a mobile app. Personally, I also wanted a mobile app for SGXcafe to better serve users, but I know nothing about iOS and Andriod development hence I have been procrastinating it.
However, "iOS Universal App" is one of the top-voted feature in the
SGXcafe Friends' feature requests, hence I decided to invest time into learning how to develop iOS apps through online tutorials and documentation.
Today, I am very excited to share that
SGXcafe iOS app is now available in the app store! Please download it and let me know what you think. It is my first mobile app though, so please be gentle :)
Let me also talk about a few features of the app as some might not be obvious:
1) Swipe right to go back and swipe left to go forward. Think of it as a book where you would flip right to go back a page and flip left to go forward a page.
2) Pull all the way to refresh. I see this ability in many apps that I use hence I decided to add it.
3) External websites (e.g. news) will be loaded in a new View where you can simply swipe right to go back to SGXcafe. One main annoyance I have when using SGXcafe on my phone is that whenever I click on a news, a new tab on the browser is open. Hopefully, this will make reading news on SGXcafe a better experience.
- Too bad it needs IOS 9.2 or higher
21 Jul 2016 14:43:36
- Thanks! Its a huge leap.
Will be waiting for Andriod version of the app (:
21 Jul 2016 16:06:13
- @eddy: Oh. You are running on which version? Actually, I think I can lower the version. I am not really using any advanced features. It was the default version they gave me.
@jokesrule: Ah.. Now I have to learn Andriod programming.
21 Jul 2016 17:00:02
- Thanks. waiting for Android version.
21 Jul 2016 17:02:54
- fantastic. will be downloading it to try. Thanks mate :)
21 Jul 2016 23:27:37
- Android... Android... Android...! Haha. Good job, Evan koh!
21 Jul 2016 23:43:38
- @evankoh i'm using 9.0.2 due to jailbreak
23 Jul 2016 00:33:34
- Hi Evan, is it possible to lower the version to 6.1.3? I got an tablet still running on it. It's okie if is not possible. Thanks.
23 Jul 2016 10:06:21
- Hi Eddy and Yong, I will see what I can do. I am also not familiar with it :)
23 Jul 2016 10:26:59
- Hi Eddy and Yong, I have just submitted a new version of SGXcafe iOS app to Apple for review. This new version would require iOS 8.0 or higher. Sorry Yong, I cannot go to 6.1.3 due to some technical reasons.
23 Jul 2016 19:11:15
- Hi Evan, great news, well done again. I'm already using the app on my iPhone.
24 Jul 2016 13:39:01
- thanks Evan
25 Jul 2016 13:16:08
- No worries Evan. Appreciate for your great work. Thanks.
25 Jul 2016 17:00:01
- Hi Evans,
Is the iOS app still available? Cannot find it after reformatting my phone.
21 Sep 2017 16:45:39
- Hi huangxl,
Ya. Apple removed it and I tried to put it back but seems like quite a bit of work due to versioning changes.
It might take some time before it gets back up again. Please use mobile browser for the time being. Apologies for the inconvenience.
21 Sep 2017 21:28:13
- Thank you Evan. You have been most helpful to the community.
22 Sep 2017 09:22:56
- Hi Evans,
The iOS app still not available in Apple store?
6 Oct 2017 08:12:07
- Hi Evan, possible to help on this? Got an iPhone yesterday. Sgxcafe app is not available in Appstore
6 Oct 2017 15:32:36
- Ah... Truth is it is not in there and might not be there for at least a while. Will release an article shortly to explain why. Please use mobile browser for now.
6 Oct 2017 15:47:19
Next Article >
< Previous Article
Updates: Dividend Projection, Dividend ...
Annualized Dividends and P&L For ...
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
Dividend Strength Estimator
Like many others, I enjoy buying stocks that pay good dividends. The challenge is in identifying companies that will be able to pay good dividends year after year. Many might suggest reading through years of financial statements, as well as getting to know the top management and their vision for the company as it is the ideal way of projecting its future cashflow and thus, dividends. I do agree that ...
Improved Dividend Strength Estimator
In a previous article, I introduced a model which uses fundamental data to estimate Dividend Strength, P("same or more dividends next year" | "predicted to be giving same or more dividends next year"). Numerous people have shown interest in this estimation model, therefore I decided to spend more time improving its performance. Its performance have increased from AUC (Area Under ROC) of 0.65 to 0.7. ...
Fundamental Metrics - See More, More Easily
For each listed stock in SGX, there is a profile page (e.g. DBS) that displays the valuation and financial metrics of that stock. Personally, I use it often to learn the historical and current fundamental values of the stock. However, there are limitations to it. 1) Due to space constraint, I can only display partial information. For example, for Valuation metrics, I only show 52 weeks high, low, median, ...