Subscribe to RSS feed
Updated: 24 Oct 2016
posted on 24 Oct 2016  -  5,107 views
By now, you have probably noticed that SGXcafe recently started a
"Cafe". It is a place where people can ask questions or discuss anything related to investment. It also includes blog posts aggregated from blogs mainly from Singapore that are sharing financial/investment knowledge and information. Special thanks goes to Derek from TheFinance.sg for helping me to get permission from each blogger to feature their posts in SGXcafe, and also to all bloggers who have given their permission to SGXcafe.
The Cafe is bringing an exciting period of growth and change to SGXcafe and YOU can play a part too! Here are some ways where you can help SGXcafe to have a vibrant Cafe:
1) If you have any questions or anything you would like to discuss that is investment/finance-related, please feel free to post them. Also, if you are talking about particular listed companies, do tag them accordingly (using their symbol) so that others can easily find them when they visit the individual company pages (e.g.
2) If you own a blog that is financial/investment-centric, SGXcafe would like to feature you too! Please send me a
private message. SGXcafe will only show the first 140 words of each post and have a clear link at the end to your original post.
See an example here.
3) If you see a question or discussion which you know the answer to, or have something to contribute, your active participation is greatly appreciated! :)
4) If there is a user you want to know whenever that person posts a discussion or blog post, follow them. SGXcafe will consolidate all the posts of everyone you are following in
one convenient place for you. Also, "Star" a blog post or discussion that you find interesting so that you can
easily find them again later.
5) Finally, if there is any feature you believe would help make the Cafe even better, feel free to feedback to me. I'm always listening.
p.s.: For all bloggers featured in SGXcafe, I have set it such that you would receive an email whenever someone comments on your blog post. However, you can easily
change that setting here.
- Great initiative! I've discovered many new bloggers with this feature :)
24 Oct 2016 18:55:39
- Thank you :)
25 Oct 2016 15:42:07
Next Article >
< Previous Article
Introducing The New Stock Screener
Win Free Tickets to BigFatPurse ...
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
Dividend Strength Estimator
Like many others, I enjoy buying stocks that pay good dividends. The challenge is in identifying companies that will be able to pay good dividends year after year. Many might suggest reading through years of financial statements, as well as getting to know the top management and their vision for the company as it is the ideal way of projecting its future cashflow and thus, dividends. I do agree that ...
Errors in Portfolio Report
If you looked at your portfolio report these past few days, you might have noticed an unreasonable increase (typically well beyond 1000%) in your portfolio time-weighted returns, as well as a sharp increase in ES3's monthly volatility (>20%). Firstly, I am very thankful to users who took the time and effort to report this issue. Some users even went a step further to take screenshots to ensure that ...
Market Update Emails Fixed
For the past two days, some users have noticed missing information in their market update emails. Specifically, it is the Cost, Day Change, P&L, etc of each portfolio that is missing. This issue affected users who have only a single currency in their portfolio. It has now been fixed and you should see those details in your emails again from today onwards. A big thank you to all users who took time ...