Subscribe to RSS feed
Updated: 24 Oct 2016
posted on 24 Oct 2016  -  1,984 views
By now, you have probably noticed that SGXcafe recently started a
"Cafe". It is a place where people can ask questions or discuss anything related to investment. It also includes blog posts aggregated from blogs mainly from Singapore that are sharing financial/investment knowledge and information. Special thanks goes to Derek from TheFinance.sg for helping me to get permission from each blogger to feature their posts in SGXcafe, and also to all bloggers who have given their permission to SGXcafe.
The Cafe is bringing an exciting period of growth and change to SGXcafe and YOU can play a part too! Here are some ways where you can help SGXcafe to have a vibrant Cafe:
1) If you have any questions or anything you would like to discuss that is investment/finance-related, please feel free to post them. Also, if you are talking about particular listed companies, do tag them accordingly (using their symbol) so that others can easily find them when they visit the individual company pages (e.g.
2) If you own a blog that is financial/investment-centric, SGXcafe would like to feature you too! Please send me a
private message. SGXcafe will only show the first 140 words of each post and have a clear link at the end to your original post.
See an example here.
3) If you see a question or discussion which you know the answer to, or have something to contribute, your active participation is greatly appreciated! :)
4) If there is a user you want to know whenever that person posts a discussion or blog post, follow them. SGXcafe will consolidate all the posts of everyone you are following in
one convenient place for you. Also, "Star" a blog post or discussion that you find interesting so that you can
easily find them again later.
5) Finally, if there is any feature you believe would help make the Cafe even better, feel free to feedback to me. I'm always listening.
p.s.: For all bloggers featured in SGXcafe, I have set it such that you would receive an email whenever someone comments on your blog post. However, you can easily
change that setting here.
- Great initiative! I've discovered many new bloggers with this feature :)
24 Oct 2016 18:55:39
- Thank you :)
25 Oct 2016 15:42:07
Next Article >
< Previous Article
Introducing The New Stock Screener
Win Free Tickets to BigFatPurse ...
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
SGXcafe Will Continue To Stay Free
Long Story Short SGXcafe will continue to be free, but to cover for the high operating costs due to licensing, I would like to invite you to do one or more of the following if you would like to show your support for SGXcafe. 1) Help increase awareness of SGXcafe. You can do this via your blog, share SGXcafe's articles on facebook, or simply via word of mouth to people whom you believe can benefit from ...
A Simple Trend Analysis of Dividends - Part 2
Previously, I wrote an article about some simple analysis I did of companies listed in SGX that pays dividends. The main conclusion of that article was as follows: 1) If a company is giving out dividends this year, the chance that it would give out same or more dividends (absolute amount per share) next year was 60%. 2) If a company is giving out dividends this year, the chance that it would give out ...
Stock of The Day
One of the most highly voted feature now in Friends of SGXcafe is "Stock of The Day". The idea is to feature a stock every trading day based on some criteria. At the moment, I have come up with five criteria to select the stock of the day. 1) Significant Increase in Visitors - The number of visitors viewing a stock's page significantly increased in the last three days compared to the previous three ...