Subscribe to RSS feed
Updated: 22 Nov 2016
posted on 22 Nov 2016  -  14,482 views
Since the introduction of the
new stock screener, I have received numerous requests to add more metrics and/or to add more ways to build the constraints so that different strategies can be easily implemented using the
Hence the number of metrics have grown, from the initial 30 to the current 60+ different metrics covering both technicals and fundamentals. The number of ways to build the constraints have also doubled from the initial 2 to 4 so that you can easily translate various trading strategies easily.
However, I noticed there are two groups of relatively different users:
- One group uses the stock screeners regularly and heavily
- The other group almost never looks at it
I am curious as to why and have created a
cafe post hoping to gather more feedback. I would really appreciate it if you could take come time to share your "why"s.
If you are using it, what do you like about it? Is there anything else that can be added to make it even better for you?
If you are not using it, why not? Do you simply do not like screeners? Are there other better screeners out there you are using? Or is it not user-friendly enough for you to easily understand and use it?
- Just started using it. I found a problem. After I added a new condition to an existing Screener, it show successful. But when I click the Screener in Saved Screeners list again, the record didn't get updated.
22 Nov 2016 23:09:17
- Ah... You would need to save it again based on current implementation.
23 Nov 2016 01:47:54
- Just started using it too. Found it really good! It has so many metrics to choose from and constraints are very useful too. Can I make a suggestion to have 2 more types of constraints? One is so that we can select the top or bottom 10%/ 20%/ 30% of stocks from a certain metric. Two is that we can perform a multiplication or division of the metrics, such as dividend yield divided by price/book ratio. Thank you! And, is it possible export them via csv or excel?
23 Nov 2016 09:16:13
Next Article >
< Previous Article
Should You Avoid High P/E?
Share Screeners Effortlessly
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
Quick Updates: Dividend Withholding Tax and More
Merry Christmas! I hope you are enjoying yourself this holiday season. Just wanted to quickly share some changes I have made over this weekend: Dividend Withholding Tax As StocksCafe recently started supporting US stocks, some users have requested for StocksCafe to automatically adjust for dividends based on individuals' tax status. For example, most Singapore residents would incur a 30% tax on all ...
Investor's Resource: Uncle Stock
A user recently recommended a stock screener website, Uncle Stock, to me. Upon checking the site out, I found that it's an extremely comprehensive (able to screen all major markets) and powerful (able to screen from >100 metrics) stock screener website. Overflowing with information, this website might be daunting for new investors to navigate, but will prove to be a mighty tool for those who know ...
Share Your Portfolio Selectively
Our portfolios are very personal and sensitive information. While many users have generously shared them publicly, many more are not comfortable with opening up their portfolio and share with just anyone who visits sgxcafe.com. This is totally understandable. Even I only share my portfolio partially (portfolio is displayed without exact values). Hence, I have recently added a followers/following mechanism ...