Subscribe to RSS feed
Updated: 22 Nov 2016
posted on 22 Nov 2016  -  17,948 views
Since the introduction of the
new stock screener, I have received numerous requests to add more metrics and/or to add more ways to build the constraints so that different strategies can be easily implemented using the
Hence the number of metrics have grown, from the initial 30 to the current 60+ different metrics covering both technicals and fundamentals. The number of ways to build the constraints have also doubled from the initial 2 to 4 so that you can easily translate various trading strategies easily.
However, I noticed there are two groups of relatively different users:
- One group uses the stock screeners regularly and heavily
- The other group almost never looks at it
I am curious as to why and have created a
cafe post hoping to gather more feedback. I would really appreciate it if you could take come time to share your "why"s.
If you are using it, what do you like about it? Is there anything else that can be added to make it even better for you?
If you are not using it, why not? Do you simply do not like screeners? Are there other better screeners out there you are using? Or is it not user-friendly enough for you to easily understand and use it?
- Just started using it. I found a problem. After I added a new condition to an existing Screener, it show successful. But when I click the Screener in Saved Screeners list again, the record didn't get updated.
22 Nov 2016 23:09:17
- Ah... You would need to save it again based on current implementation.
23 Nov 2016 01:47:54
- Just started using it too. Found it really good! It has so many metrics to choose from and constraints are very useful too. Can I make a suggestion to have 2 more types of constraints? One is so that we can select the top or bottom 10%/ 20%/ 30% of stocks from a certain metric. Two is that we can perform a multiplication or division of the metrics, such as dividend yield divided by price/book ratio. Thank you! And, is it possible export them via csv or excel?
23 Nov 2016 09:16:13
Next Article >
< Previous Article
Should You Avoid High P/E?
Share Screeners Effortlessly
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
I realized that I did not post any article for the whole of June. It is due to a combination of various reasons but the main reason was that I tried switching to a new caching system (i.e. Redis) for StocksCafe thinking that it is better. However, due to my lack of experience with it, it instead made StocksCafe unstable. Causing out of memory issues, displaying stale data, etc. These resulted in StocksCafe ...
SGXcafe Will Continue To Stay Free
Long Story Short SGXcafe will continue to be free, but to cover for the high operating costs due to licensing, I would like to invite you to do one or more of the following if you would like to show your support for SGXcafe. 1) Help increase awareness of SGXcafe. You can do this via your blog, share SGXcafe's articles on facebook, or simply via word of mouth to people whom you believe can benefit from ...
Download SGXcafe iOS App Now!
Yes, SGXcafe finally has an app! According to Google Analytics, about 40% of visitors use mobile devices to access SGXcafe. Naturally, there have been numerous requests for SGXcafe to have a mobile app. Personally, I also wanted a mobile app for SGXcafe to better serve users, but I know nothing about iOS and Andriod development hence I have been procrastinating it. However, "iOS Universal App" is one ...