Subscribe to RSS feed
posted on 28 Jan 2017  -  21,414 views
First of all, Gong Xi Fa Cai!
As I am currently in Japan, I've got nowhere to go "bai nian". In combination with my wife not feeling so well, I've got on my hands an entire weekend to work on SGXcafe.
One thing that is starting to irritate me is that as SGXcafe continues to add more features, I would have to make numerous clicks just to access a particular feature. This problem is amplified when I am on mobile where the screen is smaller, and the network slower.
Hence, I've added a new
Starred page where you can save the pages that you regularly visit. Once starred, you can henceforth reach that page in
just two clicks! (i.e. First click: Starred listing page, and second click: the target page). To support easy addition to the Starred page, there is now a link at the bottom every page for you to easily star that page.
I hope you will find this new addition as useful as I do.
Happy investing! Huat Ah!
- Thanks for making user friendliness a priority.
Happy lunar New year!
28 Jan 2017 13:45:48
- Happy Lunar New Year
Thank you for your dedication
28 Jan 2017 15:16:36
- Gong Xi Fa Cai Evan Goh. Good to hear that you are adding more features to sgxcafe even during lunar new year time.
28 Jan 2017 16:55:14
- Hi, it's not working in mobile view. Saying the URL is invalid. It's working in the desktop view.
28 Jan 2017 17:05:02
- Oppss... Okie.. It is fixed now.
28 Jan 2017 17:32:45
- Yes, its fixed now. Thanks.
28 Jan 2017 18:17:59
- thank you hand Happy Healthy and Prosperous Lunar New Year to you and your family!
29 Jan 2017 16:24:49
- Happy Lunar New Year!
Can't thank you enough for constantly improving the user experience for SGXcafe!
29 Jan 2017 17:41:15
- Appreciate the effort!
30 Jan 2017 10:49:58
- Happy new year Evan. Hope that we all huat here !
30 Jan 2017 22:38:35
- Thanks all :)
31 Jan 2017 06:08:53
- Thanks Evan, great feature. May I suggest that when user clicks on the "Starred" Menu - system presents a drop down and shows maybe first 7 or 10 starred pages. There is another option to load the page which lists all the starred pages ( current approach). This is similar to first menu drop down on the top bar where you show portfolio, watchlist, profile....let me know if any feedback/questions. Great feature again.
1 Feb 2017 00:22:59
- And happy Lunar New Year Evan!!
1 Feb 2017 00:27:30
- Good idea! It's done. Now, it is more like one-click to anywhere!
2 Feb 2017 06:43:31
- Or more precisely, one refresh to anywhere.
2 Feb 2017 06:43:56
- Excellent - as always, its a pleasure working with you to make SGXCafe more useful and easier to navigate for the community. Best wishes!
2 Feb 2017 23:57:49
Next Article >
< Previous Article
Introducing the New Wall
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
Limited Edition StocksCafe T-shirt Referral Program
In February this year, StocksCafe started a referral program where you can get a high quality limited edition StocksCafe T-shirt if you refer people to sign up with StocksCafe and become a Friend of StocksCafe. The program was supposed to end on 9th August 2019. I have received feedback from some users who are actively referring that they really love the T-shirt. Therefore, I have decided to extend ...
MemCached For A Faster StocksCafe
Since the drastic move to re-architecture StocksCafe and adding support for two new markets at the same time in April, StocksCafe website have became slower. I am aware of that and have been taking significant amount of time trying to improve it. To be very honest, I am not 100% sure what is the true cause although I am inclined to think that it is due to a summation of reasons such as poor database ...
What to buy next?
"What to buy next?" Almost every month, I ask myself this same question whenever my salary arrives or when a good amount of dividends have accumulated. When I first started investing, I wanted a diversified portfolio which is why I built the tool, iSuggest (iSuggest is free for all registered users). It worked well at first, as it quickly brought my portfolio risk down to a minimum. However, for those ...