Subscribe to RSS feed
posted on 6 Apr 2017  -  41,546 views
The migration of SGXcafe to StocksCafe will happen this weekend!
This is more than simply the changing of domain names. When I first started SGXcafe, it was meant for myself hence I simply dumped everything onto a single server. That was easy and convenient, but certainly not robust nor scalable. I have spent the last few days designing and configuring a brand new multi-server infrastructure and now it's ready to go.
I will start the migration on Saturday 8 April at 7am. I expect that the entire migration will take about 3-4 hours. SGXcafe will not be accessible during this period. Post-migration, all links to stocks.cafe will still continue to work. On your end, there is nothing you need to do except to enjoy a relaxing Saturday morning and visit SGXcafe-soon-to-be-StocksCafe only after lunch :)
- Good luck and thanks a lot for SGXcafe.
It is the only avenue for me to determine my returns, and also the gateway for me to screen and quickly check a company's worth.
7 Apr 2017 00:03:59
- All the best for the migration!
7 Apr 2017 00:52:20
- Best wishes, sgxcafe is one of the 5 websites i visit almost everyday!!
7 Apr 2017 00:56:33
- all the best! appreciate your dedication to the development of this portal
7 Apr 2017 08:34:35
- Thanks for the efforts !
7 Apr 2017 09:31:57
- Thanks Evan for the efforts!
7 Apr 2017 09:41:12
- Thank you so much for the hard work!
7 Apr 2017 10:23:54
- Thanks Evan! Really appreciate the good work that is happening here. Cheers to a better investing experience :)
7 Apr 2017 10:27:30
- Thanks Evan for the hard work!! Will continue to show support as friend of SGXcafe, should be friend of StocksCafe soon!!
7 Apr 2017 10:46:49
- Many thanks for the great efffort !
7 Apr 2017 12:22:03
- Appreciate your efforts! Thank you very much!
7 Apr 2017 15:29:53
- Thanks Evan and good luck with the new site, hopefully you'll be able to reach 500 members and reach for the sky.
7 Apr 2017 16:12:54
- Congrats bro! This may be one your best investment, who knows someday SPH come knocking your door to take over your site with very generous offer :)
7 Apr 2017 23:53:52
- Thank you so much for your efforts! :)
8 Apr 2017 22:21:08
- Thank you all for your support! The migration have finally finished after >12 hours. I apologized for taking longer than expected. Everything that could go wrong went wrong :(
Well.. At least, I am much more well versed in server setup and configuration now :)
8 Apr 2017 22:57:48
- Of course, if you see any irregularity, please report to me. Thanks!
8 Apr 2017 22:58:27
- Thanks Evan for sgxcafe you helped us alot!
10 Apr 2017 14:37:03
- @evankoh - the daily stock update no longer works?
12 Apr 2017 12:34:13
- Haven't received SGXcafe Market Updates for days. Something wrong?
12 Apr 2017 15:59:02
- @ahdan and alphaev7
1) Maybe they are in your spam inbox because we have changed from sgxcafe.com to stocks.cafe. Hence you need to whitelist the new email.
2) I did not exactly configure my email server properly at the start (it is fixed now) and some email providers started blocking me because this new domain called stocks.cafe started sending thousands and emails and they do not like that which explains why you cannot receive emails from me for the last two days. I expect today to be fine though. If you still do not receive an email from StocksCafe today again (and they are not in your spam), can you let me know? Alternatively, you can add alternative emails using this link => https://stocks.cafe/user/toaddemail
Gmail is so far happy with me.
12 Apr 2017 16:20:58
- @evankoh Hi Evan, I found the email update in the junk folder and already whitelisted the sender email address. No problem now. Thanks.
18 Apr 2017 11:42:38
- @evankoh - thanks for sorting this out :) received emails.
20 Apr 2017 22:48:21
Next Article >
< Previous Article
We are now StocksCafe!
Hong Kong Stock Exchange Information ...
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
Limited Edition StocksCafe T-shirt Referral Program
In February this year, StocksCafe started a referral program where you can get a high quality limited edition StocksCafe T-shirt if you refer people to sign up with StocksCafe and become a Friend of StocksCafe. The program was supposed to end on 9th August 2019. I have received feedback from some users who are actively referring that they really love the T-shirt. Therefore, I have decided to extend ...
What to buy next? - Part 2
There exists hundreds of stocks in SGX and deciding what to buy next is not an easy task. In part one of the "What to buy next?" article, I shared a few tools in SGXcafe designed to help me with this problem, including a new screener tool, Screener added to SGXcafe about 3 weeks ago. Screener was met with very positive response and high usage, and I received comments on how useful it was and requests ...
Are You Using The New Stock Screener? Why or Why Not?
Since the introduction of the new stock screener, I have received numerous requests to add more metrics and/or to add more ways to build the constraints so that different strategies can be easily implemented using the new screener. Hence the number of metrics have grown, from the initial 30 to the current 60+ different metrics covering both technicals and fundamentals. The number of ways to build the ...