Subscribe to RSS feed
Updated: 30 Sep 2019
posted on 22 Aug 2017  -  32,572 views
The first donations for StocksCafe came in May 2016. Although I was very thrilled to know that whatever I built is of enough value to people that many are willing to back it up, it was not my intention to build a paid product. However, the truth is StocksCafe is very dependent on donations as the ad revenue sustains only about 35-45% of current operating costs of StocksCafe.
I have been thinking of and searching for ways to increase revenue without putting a strain on users, and I might have found a potential way, which is through the affiliate program of Saxo Trading Platform. I have personally tried this platform since the start of 2017 and am very satisfied with it so far.
And now, I am very happy to announce the partnership between Saxo and StocksCafe. If you sign up with Saxo (and making at least one trade) through StocksCafe, I will get affiliate fees which will be used towards the operation of StocksCafe. Of course, as the title states, you will be granted Friend of StocksCafe status for five years! (Note: You need to be a resident in South East Asia or India to qualify. Also, the referral fee will take up to 2-3 months from the point you make your first trade with Saxo which will be attributed as your contribution to StocksCafe).
Please go over to
this page to learn more about this program!
ps: You might be wondering how is StocksCafe earning from the affiliate program. It is basically a one-off fees from Saxo once you have signed up and completed your first transaction. The amount is considered as your contribution to StocksCafe and will be attributed to you.
- Great idea....unfortanly i already hold a Saxo for 3 year..... when plan open a second for trade different products will remember it
22 Aug 2017 10:28:04
- Ha.. Thanks for wanting to support :)
Unfortunately, if you are already an existing user, it does not qualify :(
22 Aug 2017 12:32:46
- Good idea. I like your platform and plan to sign up with Saxo.
22 Aug 2017 16:20:04
- Thanks for sharing. I have just submitted details.
22 Aug 2017 22:53:27
- @womeiyouqian and @sggamelover Thanks!
23 Aug 2017 03:28:09
- I tried, unfortunately it did not work out as Saxo is very different from our tradition stock broker, ie you need to park your money b4 you can trade with them, this is very difficult as sometime the transaction is 6 digits and it does not make sense to park such as large sum without any interest
26 Aug 2017 08:57:15
- I see. I am previously using Standard Chartered and it also requires money to be parked there before I can trade hence it is the same for me. In fact, I also tried DBS Vickers and I think it is similar, no?
26 Aug 2017 11:11:55
- Or was it for DBS, there are two styles, with and without money parked. And the one with money parked have lower transaction fees.
26 Aug 2017 11:13:00
- The benefit of parking money there first is that commission for local shares is only 0.12%. I hv shares with Swiss Exchange and their commission is only 0.2% vs DBS @ 0.4%. For US shares, I still use TDAmeritrade as their commission is based on per trade rather than number of shares u trade.
26 Aug 2017 12:57:59
- I think the good thing about Standard Chartered is that you can FAST transfer in the amount that you intend to trade on the same day itself, whereas for Saxo, you would need to keep a minimum amount there, no matter you want to trade or not. For DBS Vickers, I think you can only transfer in the amount during trading hours, and you can't transfer in the amount outside trading hours (unlike Standard Chartered). Do correct me if I'm wrong.
27 Aug 2017 13:43:00
- I contacted Saxo Marketing Manager, Mr Oh Wei Fang regarding A/C Opening with Saxo n the tie - up to StockCafe. He said there is no tie - up that he is aware of. Can you check the correct contact person in Saxo? Tq.
13 Oct 2017 13:52:30
- This is the saxo page -> https://www.home.saxo/en-sg/campaigns/referral/stocks-cafe?dfaid=1&cmpid=dfa_2344977;4049134;201601657;11419888;82376149;
If you sign up from that page, it should work.
13 Oct 2017 14:33:51
- I signed up using the Saxo page and is supported by Wei Fang (Saxo). Completed one trade on 20 Sep and hope they give StocksCafe the commission as promised.
13 Oct 2017 16:42:05
- Evan - Sorry to trouble you. Google Search cannot find the link I copied n pasted. Can you check again?
13 Oct 2017 20:15:51
- TQ WMYQ. Strange that Oh Wei Fang said he was not aware. I spoke to him yesterday.
13 Oct 2017 20:17:22
- @mark20108, maybe you can go to this page (https://stocks.cafe/saxo) and click on the learn more. It will bring you to Saxo page.
@womeiyouqian, I will PM you.
13 Oct 2017 22:22:55
- hi evan, is this tie-up with SAXO still valid? May I have the updated link to register for a new account with SAXO pls? You can PM me too if that is more convenient
PS: I'm a current Friends of Stockscafe.
8 Dec 2019 08:34:27
- Hey Evan, is the tie up with Saxo still valid for 5 yrs of Friends membership? If yes, can you send updated link to register please?
16 Jan 2020 23:24:05
Next Article >
< Previous Article
Past & Future of StocksCafe
List All Articles
Other articles by evankoh
Recently, several users have independently highlighted to me the issue of delisting dividends. What are delisting dividends? I am referring to dividends that are given when the stock is delisted, redeemed, or cancelled. These dividends usually have a dividend yield of ~100%. However, note that not all dividends with ~100% dividend yield are delisting dividends, for example: 8Telecom's capital reduction ...
How to Install StocksCafe App
Regularly, users would independently request for an iOS app to be built for StocksCafe. Due to limited resources, it is unlikely I can satisfy this request in the near future. However, a recent feature request made by a Friend of StocksCafe actually made me realize that I could create a pseudo app for StocksCafe. It is to simply create a shortcut (which looks like an app) on your phone that will start ...
Personalize Portfolio Columns Ordering
The most viewed page in StocksCafe is undoubtedly the Portfolio Overview page. Within that page, we have the Current Portfolio table that gives you various columns/information about the stocks that you are holding. While investors can easily control the columns displayed, they could not control the ordering of it previously. The purpose for this article is to inform you that you can now not only decide ...